[SOLVED] Am I compatible with Windows 11? dTPM 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reclusive Eagle

Commendable
Apr 8, 2020
Ok so I have a i5 9600k (Microsoft lists intel 8th gen and up as compatible) and an MSI Gaming Plus Z390 motherbaord.
Motherboard does not have TPM (has socket for external one) but the 9600k has a dTPM.

The health app is garbage and says I am not compatible (TPM disabled). My question is am I compatible?
I have the ability to enable dTPM 2.0 with secure boot in BIOS but do you specifically NEED PTT TPM 2.0 or does dTPM 2.0 work as well??
I have Secure boot with UEFI+Legacy support

Solution
Some of the forum members checked that enabling PTT alone should do the trick. But we also got some reports that it does not work for everyone. So hard to say definitely right now.

Reclusive Eagle

Commendable
Apr 8, 2020
Some of the forum members checked that enabling PTT alone should do the trick. But we also got some reports that it does not work for everyone. So hard to say definitely right now.
Even with it enabled it didn't work. Granted secure boot is for some reason default disabled and to enable it I need to factory reset they keys which will reset my bios so I'd rather ask then have to slog through settings again

Reclusive Eagle

Commendable
Apr 8, 2020
Perhaps Legacy support is somehow interfering. If possible I would try to set it to UEFI only. Like I wrote before we don't know why it does not work for everybody.
I definitely can do UEFI instead of the CSS (I think thats what its called) the Windows 10 WHQL thing.
Also do I HAVE to be logged into my Microsoft account for the app to detect? Like I can enable dTPM but do I really need to log into my Microsoft account to check "Pc health"

Status
Not open for further replies.