Question Am I crazy? Defective CPU Slot? Asus B450-F

Dec 9, 2019
I added a picture in my reply below of what I am talking about. It seems one of the pin holes in the top right still has plastic in it.... I am so mad right now lol

Might have also bent a pin on my brand new 2700x.... or that slot is supposed to be blocked and this processor has a bent pin somewhere???

Please let me know if this is normal or not

Thanks!

Last edited:

racecar56

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
Hi! I just took a look at my old B350 board's socket (pictured below), and I don't see a filled place in that same hole, so you're not crazy! The same cannot be said for the little plastic piece, however. I'm not sure how, but I'm afraid you're gonna have to pull that plastic piece out (or get another board)! I'm sorry I don't have much more information for you, I'm hoping some more members come by and post here to provide more advice. I just wanted to be sure you could see that something's up with the socket on your board, so that you have a better sense of what you should do. As far as the bent pin goes, unbending the pin should be doable, though it's more difficult on Ryzens because how fine the pins are. I've done it on AM3+ processors at the newest side.
S2GpDY1.jpg

Best of luck!!