Am I crazy? Monitor on the left has faint vertical lines when displaying blue colors, right does not. (Zoom in)

Feb 6, 2019
yI3no26.jpg

tldr; Am I crazy or are there faint vertical lines running through the left monitor (zoom in)?

Yes I swapped all the cables - no change. Yes I double checked all settings - they are the same.

When viewed from a proper distance: the right monitor displays the color blue properly, the left appears to have faint vertical lines. The left monitor displays all other colors fine, it's just shades of blue that are messed up. Why does it do this?

-------

These are the same model monitors, Scepter E248W 24” 1080p monitors. The inputs are exactly the same. All Windows display settings and graphics card settings are the same. The settings built into the monitor are the same as well.

However, the one of the left displays faint vertical lines when displaying blue colors. I took a closeup photo to see if I could notice a difference in the pixels and I certainly did. If you zoom in, you will see that there is a different pattern within the pixels. The one on the left seems to go: light blue, blue, even lighter blue, blue, light blue, blue, even lighter blue, blue, etc. However, the one on the right doesn’t really have a difference in pixel colors. It’s mostly dots of a similar shade of blue surrounded by a cross thatching of a darker blue. There is a dark blue cross thatching with the left monitor, however, the other pixels aren’t mostly uniform like the monitor on the right.

Am I crazy? I contacted Scepter support and the person said they didn’t notice a difference. I’m neither a monitor expert nor color expert, but dang it I see a difference!

I double checked all the settings, they are the same. I swapped all cords, power and display, and there were no changes between the monitors.

If there is something I can do to fix this then I am all ears. However, my guess is there is nothing I can do and I will have to order a replacement.

But does anyone know WHY it does this? Why only blues when all other colors display fine?

Feb 6, 2019

I believe the word you are looking for is "squint" :)