[SOLVED] Am I crazy or will this work?

Dec 15, 2019
So my Gf bought me a Dell all in one, but it's junk (her heart was in the right place) I like to edit videos but my laptop died awhile back and this thing just ain't gonna cut it. I was just going to build a new one and let her have the all in one, but I got the idea in my head that I may be able to gut the all in one and use it as the case/monitor.

Anyone ever do this or see it done? Would I run into a ton of compatibility issues? Do they even make cpu's /gpu's that would have the capabilities I need AND fit inside this thing?

I know the correct answer is to build another one, but due to a future limitation of space I'm kind of hooked on the all in one idea. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Anyone ever do this or see it done? Would I run into a ton of compatibility issues? Do they even make cpu's /gpu's that would have the capabilities I need AND fit inside this thing?
An all in one is basically a laptop in a different configuration. With all the limitations of a laptop, but without the portability.
Your upgrade possibilities are severely limited.

USAFRet

Titan
An all in one is basically a laptop in a different configuration. With all the limitations of a laptop, but without the portability.
Your upgrade possibilities are severely limited.

Reactions: lynx1021
Solution
Nov 15, 2019
I worked for an OEM and supported Dell for 3 years. As others have said if it fits it will work. The one place that Dell and others cheap out is the power supply. That will limit what you can do. Changing power supplies for another dell product is a mute point at least for me it has been. Seems the power supplies are built for a series and that it. There is a series that Dell makes called vostro look into it more business/stronger than some of the other models. I have one desktop that is 6 years old, and had a laptop that was 7 until the cmos battery failed and replacement did not help.

TRENDING THREADS