CPTBEEMO

Prominent
Feb 20, 2019
Hello to the community!

I own an Asus ROG Strix X470-F Motherboard. I really enjoy the Aura Sync lighting on the board, however I have a couple questions that hopefully one of you awesome members can resolve.

There is a lighting strip on the preinstalled IO cover. If you shut down the computer, those lights remain on. While it may make a great nightlight, it resonates in my room so much where it looks like I am having a rave party when I am really just trying to get some shut eye. The only way to turn them off is to completely cut power to the board by flipping the PSU switch to off. I am curious to know if there is an option in the BIOS (I looked, I havent found an option) to have that lighting shut off upon shutdown without turning the PSU off. Typically, when I shutdown the computer I do it properly, and ensure everything is powered down before flipping the switch, however I dont know if completely cutting power on a consistent basis is causing any damage to the hardware. I presume not, but I am a newbie to this hobby so I am not 100% and would appreciate some peace of mind here.

Thank you so much!

Reactions: Globber
Solution
Yes there should be a setting to turn the IO RGB off in your BIOS. I have an Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming MB and I know my BIOS has options for changing the IO RGB settings.
I am on my phone now so I can't look to give you more detailed info but I will look later tonight or tomorrow and post a picture of the specific settings.
Your BIOS should have settings very similar to mine.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Yes there should be a setting to turn the IO RGB off in your BIOS. I have an Asus ROG Strix B450-F Gaming MB and I know my BIOS has options for changing the IO RGB settings.
I am on my phone now so I can't look to give you more detailed info but I will look later tonight or tomorrow and post a picture of the specific settings.
Your BIOS should have settings very similar to mine.

Solution