[SOLVED] Am I doomed beacuse of gpu without warranty?

tompac212

Prominent
Aug 11, 2018
Hey
recently I bought a rtx 2060 pny xlr8 for cheap price and it seemed like it's kind of new, when I got it it was still in foil. 2 Weeks went by and I realised that it doesn't have
the proof of purchase-which means no warranty even though it says 3 year warranty on the box. Im really paranoid right now beacuse I barely can afford this kind of stuff and i can't return it. I don't know what to do - i tested it with fur mark for 10 minutes, heaven benchmark for like 20 and I played video games since 2 weeks and it seems to be working fine, but Im still really scared it will fail on me. What should I do?

Solution
Here's the thing.....The RTX series hasn't been out that long.
I would think that PNY might honor the three year warranty without proof because it's impossible for the card to be over 3 years old.
I recently had an RTX 2080 Ti fail and NVidia wasn't really after me to prove the date because it couldn't possibly be past the warranty period.
If you give them the serial number they will know when it was manufactured.
Here's the thing.....The RTX series hasn't been out that long.
I would think that PNY might honor the three year warranty without proof because it's impossible for the card to be over 3 years old.
I recently had an RTX 2080 Ti fail and NVidia wasn't really after me to prove the date because it couldn't possibly be past the warranty period.
If you give them the serial number they will know when it was manufactured.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS