Am i getting bottlenecked cuz of my CPU?

junrokh

Reputable
May 3, 2015
Hello all!

Im using AMD Phenom II x6 1090t CPU at factory speeds with a sunbeam core contact cooler and vtx3D HD 7870 gfx card. Novadays i get that "old system" feeling in most of the games, i thought the issue was my GPU but then the truth of my CPU being quite ancient struck me out of blue. But since knowing nothing about bottleneck and stuff, i decided to ask here.

Do you guys think my CPU is bottlenecking my GPU? Would replacing my cpu and motherboard with i5 4590 cpu and MSI z97 gaming 5 mobo solve this issue, or should I buy a new GPU and add few more rams as well?

My system is
-AMD Phenom II x6 1090t Black Edition 3.2ghz CPU + sunbeam core-contact freezer cooler
-Asus M4A87TD motherboard
-Geil Plus 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 Low Voltage Dual Kit (2x4GB)
-VTX3D 2gb HD7870 gfx card
-Sapphire Pure 625W 80+ power supply
-AeroCool XPREDATOR Big Tower Case with 7 fans
-WD cavier black 1tb + 120gb corsair SSD

Solution
there possible may be a bottleneck, but if you can get a i5 4590 and a motherboard than do that anyways
However STAY AWAY from MSI motherboards because they have bad quality control, meaning their boards arrive defective.
Get yourself like a asus or gigabyte mobo in that price range, and then upgrade later because if that CPU isn't a bottleneck for that GPU now, it probably will be in the future.

TheNewGeek420

Reputable
Mar 18, 2015
there possible may be a bottleneck, but if you can get a i5 4590 and a motherboard than do that anyways
However STAY AWAY from MSI motherboards because they have bad quality control, meaning their boards arrive defective.
Get yourself like a asus or gigabyte mobo in that price range, and then upgrade later because if that CPU isn't a bottleneck for that GPU now, it probably will be in the future.

Solution

junrokh

Reputable
May 3, 2015
Oh yes i've heard about MSI causing troubles here and there, but god damn that gaming 5s looked hot! ;/ Oh well, i guess i'll go with the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 then. Thanks for quick reply :)

TheNewGeek420

Reputable
Mar 18, 2015

no problem hope the PC does good!