Am i getting full performace from my pc? how can i know?

Kanito

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
hello, I'm a first time builder and I have like 4 to 5 months that i built my pc, but, today something hit my head and it wont stop annoying me until I solve my doubt....how can i know if I'm getting what I paid for? i mean...how can i know if the memories are working at maximun?, is the graphic card doing its job at full throttle? etc

my current (and only) setting is:

Kingston HyperX 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 Wolfdale 2.8GHz LGA 775

ASUS P5Q Pro LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel
Motherboard

SAPPHIRE 100251SR Radeon HD 4870X2 2GB

Thermaltake W0116RU 750 W.
Seagate ST 3640323AS 640 Gb 7200 rpm.

this is that I think it is a decent configuration, please tell me your advice...is there some sort of specific configuration in the BIOS or something that could help me squeeze this hardware?

thanks in advance.
Rudy.
morfeo379@hotmail.com

Solution
^+1 3DMark 06 (XP) or 3DMark Vantage (Vista/Win 7), along with Prime95 and Memtest.

3DMark will provide you benchmarks for similar systems & overall
Prime95 will stress your system to make sure it is stable and not getting to hot
Memtest will make sure you memory is working as it is suppose to be.

tecmo34

Administrator
^+1 3DMark 06 (XP) or 3DMark Vantage (Vista/Win 7), along with Prime95 and Memtest.

3DMark will provide you benchmarks for similar systems & overall
Prime95 will stress your system to make sure it is stable and not getting to hot
Memtest will make sure you memory is working as it is suppose to be.

Solution

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
your grapphics card is overkill for that CPU and that is gonna create a bottleneck...in otherwords, your CPU isn't strong enough. If you can, I'd reccomend getting at least a quad or maybe even an i5, but then again that would include new mobo as well...in regards to your question, there isn't really much u can do except maybe get you task manager up and see if ur CPU is running at 100% or so, and maybe download GPU-Z and have a look at what percent that gives you in regards to your graphics card