Am I looking for a network switch?

XxXGunXxXGraveXxX

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013
Good afternoon everyone! I recently sold my house that had great internet from comcast. Now im living with realities while I build my own place.

Here is where the problem comes in. They only have internet that comes in on a phone line, the speeds are a whopping 1mbps down and .50mbps upload and on a good day maybe 2 down and 1 up.

The modem they have from the company also serves as a router and has 4 ports. We need 6 usable ports total.

Long story short I need a "splitter" or network switch, or something that will let me get the two extra ports I need without loosing any precious speed.

After some research I think I have found what I need

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122005&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Network+-+Switches-_-N82E16833122005&gclid=Cj0KCQjwodrXBRCzARIsAIU59TJZI1OxsqnxQo6adb97BEACv3FL7Pcnb-lS01D6RF6KV70QDXph1-4aAo_OEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

will this work for what im wanting, or do I need something else? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

XxXGunXxXGraveXxX

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013

Yes and no, they are both retired and use two desktops to play on ark a lot, the other pc is my girlfriends and she plays mostly when I do. The other port is to a smart tv that they use when we are not online or else we get no speed at all, and the last port is to my pc.

XxXGunXxXGraveXxX

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013

Do you have a link? My new house will have high speed internet so it would be nice to get a switch with gigabit ports if its the same price for the future.