[SOLVED] Am i missing anything

I know this isn't the best build in the world but is there anything im missing or could upgrade within the $170 range?
Running,
mobo: Asus 990fx sabertooth "Latest bios"
CPU: Amd fx-8350 BE "liquid cooled clocked to 4.4GHz" I have clocked to 5.2 stable no problems but i have no use for that insane of a oc so to save life i just stick to 4.4
Ram: hyperx furry 1866MHz drr3 16gb
Gpu: gigabyte Radeon rx 560 4gb oc dual fan edition
Wifi card: TP-Link Archer T6E
Psu: evga 750w bronze
SSD: 60gb Win 10 Pro x64 Active
SSD: 120gb steam, smaller steam games
HDD: 500GB Back-Up Drive
HDD: 1tb Larger games, "NOT just steam"
I know it wont play every game At MAX settings but it plays all my games AT MAX settings including overwatch on EPIC at a low of 50fps max of 114ish but never drops below 48ish on epic so i play on ultra at a even 120ish fps no frame drops. however as games are getting more demanding and i am getting into some newerish games i would like to upgrade even if its just one thing thats $170ish dollars that will boost performance that would be awesome. Thank you guys heck if there's a better cpu in that price range let me know but from what i have found the dx8350 is the best cpu supported by my mobo for gaming type tasks and 3d rendering tasks. i keep getting told to upgrade my gpu by other people i know however i don't have $300 for a "1070 SC FTW edition" or any of that fun new gpu stuff thats getting released.... i a broke h.... an honest h but a broke h

Last edited:
Solution
I probably will wait till the next gen ryzen however i just did research and from bench test say the fx-9590 is better then the fx-8350 in every aspect. But people say the 8350 is better everywhere i look why it doesn't ever say.. The 9590 is stalk speed of 4.7GHz... But supposedly gets hotter FASTER and stays there even liquid cooled... So is it just a 8350 super clocked and there selling as another cpu?
Don't bother with a CPU upgrade for your current socket, your CPU is performing well and the 9XXX series CPU's run very hot, plus most motherboards don't handle them well.

WildCard999

Titan
I know this isn't the best build in the world but is there anything im missing or could upgrade within the $170 range?
Running,

CPU: Amd fx-8350 BE "liquid cooled clocked to 4.4GHz" I have clocked to 5.2 stable no problems but i have no use for that insane of a oc so to save life i just stick to 4.4

Gpu: Radeon rx 4gb oc dual fan edition
If it's stable and doesn't exceed 63C, max temp for FX CPU's, that's quite impressive and I would say you hit the silicon lottery. Not sure why you'd dump it down to 4.4 as you'll want the best performance you can get as $170 isn't enough for a platform upgrade (CPU/MB/RAM) which is more then likely the upgrade you'll need to increase FPS. Also RX 4gb doesn't tell us much as it could be a RX 460/470/480/560/570/580. What is the exact model?

If it's stable and doesn't exceed 63C, max temp for FX CPU's, that's quite impressive and I would say you hit the silicon lottery. Not sure why you'd dump it down to 4.4 as you'll want the best performance you can get as $170 isn't enough for a platform upgrade (CPU/MB/RAM) which is more then likely the upgrade you'll need to increase FPS. Also RX 4gb doesn't tell us much as it could be a RX 460/470/480/560/570/580. What is the exact model?
gigabyte Rx 560 4gb oc dual fan r2.0 my bad, also i dumbed it down because nothing i did seemed to need anything that high the max it was hit was maybe 4.8ghz on my stuff. and that's not the cpu max bench marking it hits 5.2 no problem, max temp of 60c 7hr load time. but like i siad nothing i do ever hits that so i just use what i need

Last edited:

WildCard999

Titan
gigabyte Rx 560 4gb oc dual fan my bad
No problem. So your getting good FPS at max settings and with Ryzen 3rd gen supposedly coming out in early July (rumor) and possibly Navi I would recommend continue saving for now. When they do come out and if it is a worthwhile improvement then do the upgrade and not have to worry about upgrading again for at least a few years.

No problem. So your getting good FPS at max settings and with Ryzen 3rd gen supposedly coming out in early July (rumor) and possibly Navi I would recommend continue saving for now. When they do come out and if it is a worthwhile improvement then do the upgrade and not have to worry about upgrading again for at least a few years.
I probably will wait till the next gen ryzen however i just did research and from bench test say the fx-9590 is better then the fx-8350 in every aspect. But people say the 8350 is better everywhere i look why it doesn't ever say.. The 9590 is stalk speed of 4.7GHz... But supposedly gets hotter FASTER and stays there even liquid cooled... So is it just a 8350 super clocked and there selling as another cpu?

WildCard999

Titan
Don't bother with a CPU upgrade for your current socket, your CPU is performing well and the 9XXX series CPU's run very hot, plus most motherboards don't handle them well.

Solution

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
The 9590 is dreadful; it's pretty much just a crazily overclocked 8350. It's widely considered -- and I agree -- one of the worst consumer released CPUs of all-time, hot, unstable, with performance gains only a fraction of what need to be given the bother of making it usable.

I'd just hang onto the cash if I were you. Until you're ready for a platform update, there's not really much worthwhile to do with that money from a performance standpoint.

Reactions: WildCard999
The 9590 is dreadful; it's pretty much just a crazily overclocked 8350. It's widely considered -- and I agree -- one of the worst consumer released CPUs of all-time, hot, unstable, with performance gains only a fraction of what need to be given the bother of making it usable.

I'd just hang onto the cash if I were you. Until you're ready for a platform update, there's not really much worthwhile to do with that money from a performance standpoint.
Will do i set it into a parts fund i will more than likely put off the upgrade i was going to do to new ryzen 2 but after hear the Ryzen 3 may becoming out soon i'll wait for it and do a complete upgrade then, if it comes out soon if not i'll get the 2