[SOLVED] Am I not using this 4+4 cable correctly?

May 17, 2020
Ok, so I'm putting together a new PC and everything has been going fine except for the Monitor wont display when I'm trying to update the BIOS.
SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard
I've gone back and done some troubleshooting to see what went wrong and I'm thinking it has to do with these supposed 8 pin EPS cable.

I have 2 of these types of cable ends (not these exact cables but their pattern and layout):
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Type-4-Sleeved-black-8-pin-(4+4)-ATX12V-EPS12V-Cable,-compatible-with-all-CORSAIR-type-4-pin-out-PSU/p/CP-8920141
but the 4+4 portion despite fitting doesn't seem to be working as I the slot I need to fill is this (top image):
View: https://i.stack.imgur.com/M3aeL.png
Not enough squares. I've done some research and the majority say that plugging in the 4+4 (despite the slots not matching) should work.

Idk how else to proceed and am thinking of buying the correct cable unless there's something I'm missing.
[Rest of build btw, https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sDvCcq]

Edit: Fans and RGB are working fine. There's no unusual LED warnings or noises either. Power seems to be functioning normally as well.

Last edited:
Solution
Ahh sorry, I should've been more clear. The picture of the cables I had was to display the pattern 8 (4+4) as well as the configuration of the spacing on their respective ends (squares vs rounded sockets) wheny motherboard is showing that it needs that specific 4 squares 4 rounded so key configuration.

That's normal. "D" (not really round) keys fit in square holes. Just not the other way around.

The 4+4 cable that came with the Seasonic PSU should plug right into your B450's 8-pin connector.
You cannot use Corsair PSU cables with a Seaosnic PSU. The cables are not interchangeable, hell even the same manufacturers the cables cannot be use from one model to another.

On the Seasonic PSU the cables for the Mobo CPU should be marked CPU. On the PSU itself use the 8pin next to the 24pin.

May 17, 2020
You cannot use Corsair PSU cables with a Seaosnic PSU. The cables are not interchangeable, hell even the same manufacturers the cables cannot be use from one model to another.

On the Seasonic PSU the cables for the Mobo CPU should be marked CPU. On the PSU itself use the 8pin next to the 24pin.
Ahh sorry, I should've been more clear. The picture of the cables I had was to display the pattern 8 (4+4) as well as the configuration of the spacing on their respective ends (squares vs rounded sockets) wheny motherboard is showing that it needs that specific 4 squares 4 rounded so key configuration.

That's normal. "D" (not really round) keys fit in square holes. Just not the other way around.

The 4+4 cable that came with the Seasonic PSU should plug right into your B450's 8-pin connector.

Solution
May 17, 2020

[/QUOTEok, this cable was one of the last things I could as a fix to the extent if my ability. Time to see if I can find a professional now.