[SOLVED] Am I Overpaying for My PC

Apr 7, 2019
I recently decided to build my first PC after years of being on a tight budget of no more than $600 USD so I gave myself a budget of around $1000 USD I already have purchased my CPU, CPU cooler, MOBO and case. I was watching some YouTube videos today and I came across a few videos (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z93uyaNNSio&t=98s
I'm just using this one as a example) that cost less than mine or cost about $50 or $40 more and have better components. This has got me second guessing my build and now I'm worried I have paid to much although it could just be me considering this is the most I have ever spent on a computer any advice would help. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wcxYxG

Solution
First of all, pretty solid build.
Second, hardware prices tend to fluctuate a bit from time to time. I wont give much thought to it as long they are quality components, and the components in there are top quality which transforms into more longevity.
My advice, dont ponder on a few bucks well spent over.
Second, hardware prices tend to fluctuate a bit from time to time. I wont give much thought to it as long they are quality components, and the components in there are top quality which transforms into more longevity.

Solution
Apr 7, 2019
OK I guess it's just me because I'm not used to spending that much on a PC and now that you mention it I went back and looked at some of those videos and most of them use very entry level boards to be able to squeeze in better components.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Yup, I am not really sure where you could have gone better as far as components to performance to price. Assuming you are looking at high quality gaming at 1080p, some productivity, beast of a desktop machine I think you did really well.

Apr 7, 2019
Yup, I am not really sure where you could have gone better as far as components to performance to price. Assuming you are looking at high quality gaming at 1080p, some productivity, beast of a desktop machine I think you did really well.
Thanks I plan on playing at 1080p for now but I want to upgrade to 1440p in the future.