Am i really running 144hz?

Jan 24, 2019
Basically, I'm pretty bad at this computer stuff and I really dont understand much so thats why I'm asking. Recently i bought a 2nd Monitor, a aoc AOC G2590FX which is 144hz (an upgrade to my other monitor which was 60hz) I'm still using both monitors, but my aoc now to gaming and my 2nd just hanging out for other programms. Now my question is, I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB and its connected to my Monitor using the HDMI port. Now for what I've read and heard, HDMI only allows 144hz, but when I go on details or specifications it shows that I'm running 144hz
and when i go on https://www.testufo.com/refreshrate it shows me that im running 144hz. Is that true?
Thanks in advance for any answers.

just play a game like CSGO and use msi afterburner to show FPS. Or dota with network info on.
One more place to check is right click desktop and choose nvidia panel. It will show you. Or display>advanced setting.

I think (could be wrong) that HDMI 1.4 only supports 1080P up to 120hz, try DisplayPort.
HDMI 1.4 allows up to 144 Hz on 1080p. Individual products may have their own limitations, some monitors are limited to 120 Hz or 60 Hz over HDMI. If this was one of those monitors, it wouldn't have a 144 Hz option selectable.

just play a game like CSGO and use msi afterburner to show FPS. Or dota with network info on.
One more place to check is right click desktop and choose nvidia panel. It will show you. Or display>advanced setting.
He already said he's getting 144 Hz on the UFO test, which means settings are already set to 144 Hz and software is putting out 144 FPS. The question was whether it is actually working, which is a valid question (you could still have frame skipping or something, even when software shows 144 FPS).

You can verify by using the frameskipping test on the UFO website (read the instructions on the page). But if you're just worried on the basis that you're not sure HDMI really does 144 Hz, it does. I know lots of people say HDMI is always limited to 60 Hz. They are wrong. HDMI is sometimes limited to 60 Hz on some monitors, and sometimes it is not. On your monitor it is not limited to 60 Hz, otherwise you would not be able to select 144 Hz in the settings.
https://linustechtips.com/main/blogs/entry/1429-viewsonic-xg2401-144-hz-over-hdmi-testing/