[SOLVED] Am I shortening my CPU's lifespan?

Vax

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2013
CPU: i7 9700K
Overclocked to 5.0GHz
Average Temp(Cel): 35 idle / 65 stress test / 70 max ever seen
Cooling system: AiO Corsair Elite Capellix water cooler. Top-mounted radiator.
Voltage: 1.400 static
Turned off throttling based on work load, so my CPU's non-stop always sitting at 5 GHz, instead of throttling up and down all the time.

My concerns are the constant 5.0GHz and the voltage. Am I shortening my CPUs lifespan considerably, or is the stress negligible?
I got a stabile system with these settings but I wanna make sure I don't shoot myself in the foot and end up with a dead CPU within it's expected lifetime.

Solution
Having something run at full tilt will degrade whatever's running at full tilt to eventually wear out prematurely. I'd ask you to keep an eye on temps but at the same time I don't see a need to have the system run at 5GHz all the time(not for home use cases though).

Can you please parse the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Lutfij

Titan
Having something run at full tilt will degrade whatever's running at full tilt to eventually wear out prematurely. I'd ask you to keep an eye on temps but at the same time I don't see a need to have the system run at 5GHz all the time(not for home use cases though).

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Solution

Vax

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2013
CPU:

CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

So it sounds like I should just turn throttling back on. Got it. Thanks!