Question Am I too Suspicious or My Monitor has an Issue Like Backlight Bleeding

ink123

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
I bought a new monitor Hp 27xq it has TN Panel. I examined screen and looked for dead pixels but fortunately, there wasn't any dead pixel on the screen. But I looked at monitor to check whether it has backlight bleeding or not. In a very dark room, I opened a black blank screen an set it to fullscreen. The screen was bright and was kinda grey like. On the edges the screen was brighter and more like cloudy. I took a picture of the screen but the real image of the screen is very different camera image of the screen, so I thought uploading it wouldn't be helpful

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Found a thread 4th post of the op giving feedback for the same monitor. Looks like the gray look is normal behaviour for this model. Might be able to manage it with brightness or other settings.

And yeah cameras exaggerate the light.

Reactions: ink123

ink123

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
Thanks for reply
Yes it looks grey but what makes me suspicious about something when the screen is full black I can see the background light and it is strong at edges of the screen. This background also appears at the middle of the screen but weaker and this background light what makes the screen look like grey. My question is whether it is normal or not?

ink123

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
I calibrated the monitor and the full black screen is significantly more black but there is a weak fading brightness on the right bottom corner I will take a picture of this monitor at night so that I will see it in full darkness