BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
Is it my imagination, or did the am2 5000, 2.6g chipset disappear off the face of the earth since the price-cut wars ?

No it's not. Only system builders have them and from the news it seems like Dell has A LOT.

Monarch Computer has barebones' with it.

qurious69ss

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2006
Is it my imagination, or did the am2 5000, 2.6g chipset disappear off the face of the earth since the price-cut wars ?

No it's not. Only system builders have them and from the news it seems like Dell has A LOT.

Really? Dell has ALOT of 5000 huh...Dell will be building alot of low end computers using a $300 chip instead of of using the $130 3800. I doubt that. I personaly thing that the 5000 will be the chip that Amd will try to pump us with to use the 4X4.

Brutus506

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006

is it worth waiting for one?? Or should i just get a 4600

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006

Really? Dell has ALOT of 5000 huh...Dell will be building alot of low end computers using a $300 chip instead of of using the $130 3800. I doubt that. I personaly thing that the 5000 will be the chip that Amd will try to pump us with to use the 4X4. I thought that 4x4 only worked with FX procs?

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

Really? Dell has ALOT of 5000 huh...Dell will be building alot of low end computers using a $300 chip instead of of using the $130 3800. I doubt that. I personaly thing that the 5000 will be the chip that Amd will try to pump us with to use the 4X4.

That sound like a prime candidate for one of those $10,000 water cooled monsters from Dell. If AMD wants this to succeed soemone has to sell them. who better than Dell?

I would think that the 3600+ would be the other main chip for Dell initially. Tha takes care of all market segments with peripherals being different.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

is it worth waiting for one?? Or should i just get a 4600

If you want just the chip, it's hard to say when it will ramp in retail. Everywhere I've seen it's only in systems and barebones. if you're needing an upgrade, I wouldn't wait. You can always turn up the HT and run at 2.6GHz.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

Really? Dell has ALOT of 5000 huh...Dell will be building alot of low end computers using a $300 chip instead of of using the $130 3800. I doubt that. I personaly thing that the 5000 will be the chip that Amd will try to pump us with to use the 4X4. I thought that 4x4 only worked with FX procs?

There is no way to do that. FX and X2 are exactly the same except for cache. What they will be doing is taking a selet few X2s and turning on the 2nd HT link. That way they can keep the stock of FX while still selling FX-squared(4x4).

I would expect that the first systems will be VooDooPC since they were one of the representatives at the demo/launch. Dell could possibly get their first dollar from me next year if they pick this up.

Kudos to CorvetteGuy for FX-squared.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

There is no way to do that. FX and X2 are exactly the same except for cache. What they will be doing is taking a selet few X2s and turning on the 2nd HT link. That way they can keep the stock of FX while still selling FX-squared(4x4).

I would expect that the first systems will be VooDooPC since they were one of the representatives at the demo/launch. Dell could possibly get their first dollar from me next year if they pick this up.

Kudos to CorvetteGuy for FX-squared.

cyborg_ninja-117

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
im done w/ fail... now its quiznos mmm toasty bitch
Dude are you trying to have your own catchphrase like spud? Cause fail is good for you.

its getting overused now, ppl are saying that im doing it coz i want to bump my post count really high... so a sentance may work, i would use fail from time to time, now its quiznos mmm toasty bitch and subway eat fresh bitch

uber_g

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2006
This is Funny :?

sigthg.gif

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
im done w/ fail... now its quiznos mmm toasty bitch
Dude are you trying to have your own catchphrase like spud? Cause fail is good for you.

its getting overused now, ppl are saying that im doing it coz i want to bump my post count really high... so a sentance may work, i would use fail from time to time, now its quiznos mmm toasty bitch and subway eat fresh bitch Lol man i think fail suits you better but if you want i could make you a sig saying those things.

This is Funny :?

sigthg.gif

It's not supposed to be but thanks uber long time no see how ya been?

cyborg_ninja-117

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
this is the best thread derailment ive ever seen

-agreed

remember kids, hijacking a thread and derailing is different, derailment takes a while ie sum1 makes a topic about the apache that killed the iraqi insurgeants, next person may debate that the car is white or blue, then at the end of the thread you will see ppl debating about super cars VS nascar