Jackietools

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
I have Phenom 720 unlocked to 4 cores and slightly over clocked to 3.2G from its original 2.8G. Any ideas for an after market cooler that I do not need to remove mobo to install. My case does not have a top exhaust fan an I notice cpu coolers that do not require mobo removal only exhaust the cpu air to the top or bottom of case instead of towards the rear case fan. Will a cpu cooler of this type be OK or should I look fo one that xhausts it to the rear. Is there a cpu fan that ill exhaust o the rear without mobo removal? Thanks for any ideas.

Solution
The fastening bracket goes both ways on that one. it comes in two pieces so it can go around the center heat pipe. It can therefore face up or back which ever way your bracket is.

Jackietools

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009

From what I see for AM3 install it has to face up or down. Are you saying I can mount it facing towards the front or back of the case. Will the mounting holes match up on the mobo

Jackietools

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2009
This wAs the one I actually wanted to get. If by chance I have to face it blowing up or down in the case will it be worth getting over the stock cooler I am using or will it defeat the purpose if I cant direct it towars a case exhaust fan?

TRENDING THREADS