I recently acquired an optiplex 580 sff am3 machine, I was doing a cleaning/repasting of cpu and what I believe to be the IGPU with a heat sink on top. I didn’t pay much attention to the temp of the heatsink before but after it was extremely hot after repasting, I’m assuming it’s not the paste application since thermal conductivity is definitely happing and I’ve already reapplied more and reseated. it’s too hot to touch for more than just a couple seconds, even just in the bios. I’m not sure if this is normal? The system did have a cheap radeon 3450 before but I uninstalled because I don’t have a DMS cable maybe IGPU wasn’t running before and I have a bad one?

I recently acquired an optiplex 580 sff am3 machine, I was doing a cleaning/repasting of cpu and what I believe to be the IGPU with a heat sink on top. I didn’t pay much attention to the temp of the heatsink before but after it was extremely hot after repasting, I’m assuming it’s not the paste application since thermal conductivity is definitely happing and I’ve already reapplied more and reseated. it’s too hot to touch for more than just a couple seconds, even just in the bios. I’m not sure if this is normal? The system did have a cheap radeon 3450 before but I uninstalled because I don’t have a DMS cable maybe IGPU wasn’t running before and I have a bad one?
What IGPU ???? There's no graphics integrated in that CPU !!!!!

TRENDING THREADS