Question AM4+ compatible big air cooler?

Nanako

Honorable
May 7, 2017
After a previous thread here...
https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/need-a-big-case.3766795/#post-22721078

I have finally upgraded my PC to a new case. a HUGE case which will fit just abou anything i could ever want to. (Meshify 2 XL)

I then went to install my new CPU cooler, a Deepcool AS500
Imagine my shock when it wouldn't fit. Not spacewise, plenty of space. But it won't attach to the board, does not fit my AM4+ socket type. it has two pegs when what i need is a clip with a lever.
There simply are no holes on my motherboard for those pegs. The board is...

So i need another new cooler. Cost is no concern and neither is space, i want something huge and powerful to deal with my cpu overheating. Something at least equivilant to the AS500

and compatible with AM4+
what would do the job?

Last edited:

Nanako

Honorable
May 7, 2017
You remove the stock mounting bracket when you install most aftermarket AM4 coolers and use the mounting hardware shipped with the cooler itself.
There was no way to possibly do this, no additional hardware shipped with it.
It had two huge pegs and there are simply no holes on the motherboard for them to go into

The noctua cooler you linked also does not mention AM4+ support, i suspect it'd have the same issue

COLGeek

Cybernaut
There was no way to possibly do this, no additional hardware shipped with it.
It had two huge pegs and there are simply no holes on the motherboard for them to go into

The noctua cooler you linked also does not mention AM4+ support, i suspect it'd have the same issue
There is AM4 and AM5. The Noctua is compatible with both.

It seems you don't have the additional hardware that should have shipped with the cooler you have. See here:

https://global.deepcool.com/products/Cooling/cpuaircoolers/AS500-CPU-Cooler/2021/124.shtml

Nanako

Honorable
May 7, 2017
There is AM4 and AM5. The Noctua is compatible with both.

It seems you don't have the additional hardware that should have shipped with the cooler you have. See here:
But there's also AM4+, isnt that different?

You are right, i dont have that stuff, the box contains only a single item, the cooler itself, zero acessories of any kind, i jut double checked :(

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Then you need to contact the store you got it from, or Deepcool. From what you're saying, the mounting hardware was completely missing:
35-856-185-V19.jpg

Nanako

Honorable
May 7, 2017
Then you need to contact the store you got it from, or Deepcool. From what you're saying, the mounting hardware was completely missing:
ehh ive had it for too long and i don't care enough, ill buy a different one.
But that noctua has the pegs too, i don't trust it.

I've been holding onto the deepcool for weeks while i waited on a friend to find time to help with pc rebuilding. it not working was a major disappointment and i don't want to risk that possibility again

Can anyone recommend something good that natively fits my cpu, with the lever clip design?

Last edited:
ehh ive had it for too long and i don't care enough, ill buy a different one.
But that noctua has the pegs too, i don't trust it.

I've been holding onto the deepcool for weeks while i waited on a friend to find time to help with pc rebuilding. it not working was a major disappointment and i don't want to risk that possibility again

Can anyone recommend something good that natively fits my cpu, with the lever clip design?
Only smaller coolers will attach with the clip system big air all need special mounting hardware because of their weight.