[SOLVED] AM4 mini ITX motherboard - recommendations

khill0

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010
Need to build a mini ITX system and having trouble finding a suitable motherboard. I would prefer to use Asus but many of their boards appear to be out of stock at the moment. The $400+ model is available of course but I’ve never paid that much for a motherboard in my life. Was leaning towards the gigabyte X570 but some of the comments from owners about the placement of the m2 slot is a concern. There is the AsRockB450 but that seems to be a step down. I’m looking to run 3800x in this with 32gb of memory and an m2 drive. Any comments and recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
So, how is it working out so far? I need to pick up the MB this weekend and would be anxious to know if you have been OK with it.
Still no problems whatsoever, M.2 been running like a dream. I wont pretend Im some kind of expert though so please take others advice before committing to buying one but for me, its been a great little board. This has been my first build and I only run a Ryzen 5 3400G on it so no GPU but I liked the idea that I can upgrade as I go along and the X570 gives me plenty of options.
Thanks - any issues with using the m2 drive with it? A couple of reviews mentioned that the placement of the slot led to excessive heat in the m2 drive.
Funnily enough, today i got my new M.2 drive and cloned my old SSD on to it so now it is my main boot drive and it's been working perfectly with no issues.Actually, i was worried before i bought the board as I had read the reviews that there were heat issues if you used the M.2 drive on the front of the board underneath the chipset fan so all Ive done is use the 2nd M.2 slot on the back of the board and have had no issues with heat, just using my old SSD now as storage.

So, how is it working out so far? I need to pick up the MB this weekend and would be anxious to know if you have been OK with it.
Still no problems whatsoever, M.2 been running like a dream. I wont pretend Im some kind of expert though so please take others advice before committing to buying one but for me, its been a great little board. This has been my first build and I only run a Ryzen 5 3400G on it so no GPU but I liked the idea that I can upgrade as I go along and the X570 gives me plenty of options.

Solution

khill0

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010
Thanks for letting me know. I tried to buy the Asus board on Newegg. They showed it in stock - and then didn’t ship for 3 days. And, then they cancelled the order. So, I’m probably going with gigabyte board.

Reactions: kurdtnz