Question AM4 mobo for IOMMU/GPU passthrough on linux ?

Apr 27, 2022
I'm looking into a gaming pc build with 5600X & 6600XT, but I'm not sure which motherboard would be best for GPU passthrough to a VM under linux. I have a spare old card I'll use for the main OS. I heard you want to look into IOMMU groups and some motherboards say they support it, but don't really. Does anyone have any advice on this front, which chipset to choose? I don't really need any bells and whistles like OC potential, wifi, just able to fit two cards.

I'm looking into a gaming pc build with 5600X & 6600XT, but I'm not sure which motherboard would be best for GPU passthrough to a VM under linux. I have a spare old card I'll use for the main OS. I heard you want to look into IOMMU groups and some motherboards say they support it, but don't really. Does anyone have any advice on this front, which chipset to choose? I don't really need any bells and whistles like OC potential, wifi, just able to fit two cards.
I dont really know about the board (sorry for that), but on the bios, there is SVM-IO and IOMMU option in the bios for passthrough.