[SOLVED] AM4 (ryzen 7 3700X) Mini-ITX B450+ MSI vs ASRock vs Gigabyte vs ASUS

mStuff

Honorable
Mar 1, 2013
Hi,
I am on the lookout for a motherboard for my new ryzen 7 3700X + GTX 1060 system.
It will be a Mini-ITX media pc/light gaming system, and I am planning on underclocking the system to fit my needs and keep it silent.

These are currently the options available in my price range:

B450 boards:
ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming
MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC (+%1 price)
Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI (+%5 price)
ASUS ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING (+%25 price)

X470 boards:
ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming (+%25 price)

I have experience only with ASUS which has been my motherboard manufacturer for my last 2 builds, though I am open to trying other options.
In your opinion, which of these boards would be best suited for a tiny FD Node 202 system? If I go with the more expensive ASUS - would it be better to just go with the X470 board instead?

Thanks,

Solution
You will have to contact the place you buy the motherboard from to see whether it has the newest BIOS for Ryzen 3000 support, or obtain a Ryzen 1000/2000 CPU to perform the update yourself. Alternatively, you could get a board which supports a means of updating the BIOS without a CPU (one of View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/bvfo57/list_of_b350_b450_x370_and_x470_motherboards_with/
), I'd recommend going with one of the listed MSI b450 boards.
If you find out that one of the boards you listed is updated, then I'd personally choose the Aorus Pro WiFi, as it will mean one less cable (or thing that has to be added somewhere).
You will have to contact the place you buy the motherboard from to see whether it has the newest BIOS for Ryzen 3000 support, or obtain a Ryzen 1000/2000 CPU to perform the update yourself. Alternatively, you could get a board which supports a means of updating the BIOS without a CPU (one of View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/bvfo57/list_of_b350_b450_x370_and_x470_motherboards_with/
), I'd recommend going with one of the listed MSI b450 boards.
If you find out that one of the boards you listed is updated, then I'd personally choose the Aorus Pro WiFi, as it will mean one less cable (or thing that has to be added somewhere).

Solution