[SOLVED] Am4 Stock backplate loose

Dec 27, 2020
So recently I upgraded from my stock AMD cooler to a Gamer Storm Castle360 RGB V2, after I undid my stock cooler the backplate just came loose and dropped down the back of my case. As the manual of the AIO instructs I reused the backplate and screwed those 4 standoff-type screws in, but now when I apply pressure (as in trying to install the AIO) the backplate gets moved a few millimeters back. I've read somewhere that double sided tape can fix this but I was wondering if there is any official solution or if I installed something the wrong way.

Solution
So recently I upgraded from my stock AMD cooler to a Gamer Storm Castle360 RGB V2, after I undid my stock cooler the backplate just came loose and dropped down the back of my case. As the manual of the AIO instructs I reused the backplate and screwed those 4 standoff-type screws in, but now when I apply pressure (as in trying to install the AIO) the backplate gets moved a few millimeters back. I've read somewhere that double sided tape can fix this but I was wondering if there is any official solution or if I installed something the wrong way.
Is it possible you have the standoff studs upside down? I looked at the installation instructions for that cooler. That is the only possible explanation I can come up with. The...

kanewolf

Titan
Is it possible you have the standoff studs upside down? I looked at the installation instructions for that cooler. That is the only possible explanation I can come up with. The backplate should still stick through the holes in the motherboard and be very limited in movement possibilities.

Solution