[SOLVED] AM5&Alder lake

Jan 30, 2021
Hi guys. I'm asking your opinions on this matter. Should I wait for AMD&Intel's new sockets? I have no probs waiting but I'm afraid when they release prices won't be acceptable especially for ddr5. Thanks guys

Solution
Intel alder lake will supposedly support DDR4 and DDR5 module if you get the correct motherboard so RAM availability should be there for that. If you can wait I would just to see if the new direction Intel is going to be a game changer with their CPUs, and if AMD pulls another rabbit out of their hat with a huge clock increase or huge IPC increase.
Intel alder lake will supposedly support DDR4 and DDR5 module if you get the correct motherboard so RAM availability should be there for that. If you can wait I would just to see if the new direction Intel is going to be a game changer with their CPUs, and if AMD pulls another rabbit out of their hat with a huge clock increase or huge IPC increase.

Last edited:
Solution
Hi guys. I'm asking your opinions on this matter. Should I wait for AMD&Intel's new sockets? I have no probs waiting but I'm afraid when they release prices won't be acceptable especially for ddr5. Thanks guys
Your question is also your answer because of "I have no probs waiting". If history is something to learn from, you are looking at not much more than 15-20% improvement for next gen and appropriate prices.

Endre

Reputable

Being stuck on DDR4 and PCIe 3.0 / 4.0 isn’t the best idea.

Prices might be high for these new PC platforms in 2021, but they’ll, probably, become “acceptable” in late 2022.
I’d wait for the newer generation of platforms.
(That’s just me).