Amazing Case Mod: PC Inside a Super Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]IronRyan21[/nom]This is refreshing to see. Usually ppl mod the old NES and fit a PC in tht.[/citation]
I think I prefer that. The SNES doesn't have a good place to buy a disk drive.

Those top loading Saturn mods are pretty sweet though.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]Gin Fushicho[/nom]So.... it can still play SNES games? Does it like uber emulate them?[/citation]
It doesn't have SNES internals, so it doesn't play them natively. But you can play SNES games on pretty much any modern PC (aka made this millennium), and you can probably play it at higher resolution with various filtering and save states.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]It doesn't have SNES internals, so it doesn't play them natively. But you can play SNES games on pretty much any modern PC (aka made this millennium), and you can probably play it at higher resolution with various filtering and save states.[/citation]

My question then is... can it use the original controllers? =D

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]Gin Fushicho[/nom]My question then is... can it use the original controllers? =D[/citation]
Not without modification, but there are plenty of guides out there that, with a SNES controller, a USB cable, and a stop at Radio Shack, you can make a USB SNES controller that works great.

However, I much prefer using a Dualshock 3 wirelessly for my Emulation needs (NES, SNES, PS1, PS2, etc).

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]Not without modification, but there are plenty of guides out there that, with a SNES controller, a USB cable, and a stop at Radio Shack, you can make a USB SNES controller that works great.However, I much prefer using a Dualshock 3 wirelessly for my Emulation needs (NES, SNES, PS1, PS2, etc).[/citation]

Cool. :3 Thankuu.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
I really like that the modder used a PAL deck, those look so much better than the butt ugly pile of plastic Nintendo gave us in the USA. I bought a new boxed PAL one on ebay a while ago and "modded" it (I took the guts out of my NTSC/USA one and fit them inside it, they almost exactly fit I just had to dremel off a little plastic on my original SNES motherboard so it'd slide right in). I have it boxed up, still looks brand new.. people sometimes offer me money for it on my msn messenger ;) Backup devices fit properly on those too.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]Gin Fushicho[/nom]Cool. :3 Thankuu.[/citation]
I should probably mention, I haven't seen any designs that were solder free. So you may want to practice a bit.

EDiT: I meant with the SNES controller, the Dualshock 3 doesn't require any internal changes, and works fine with a PS3 afterwards.

lxixmarc

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Picture036.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Picture014.jpg

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]lxixmarc[/nom]is mine cool too? or are there too many of them out there?wifi, bluetooth, dvdrw[/citation]
not the best finish on the back of it, but nice anyway.

andyviant

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009
[citation][nom]neiroatopelcc[/nom]not the best finish on the back of it, but nice anyway.[/citation]
Hah, he used LEGOS to plug up the old av/powerplug spot. Wow.

IH8U

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2007
How is this new? I've seen/built systems in: NES, SNES, Pizza Box, Toaster, CRT Monitor (used an LCD), and soon a PS2 (dead PS2 I gutted).

asobitech

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]thefivetheory[/nom]Er... isn't that actually a Super Famicom chassis, not an SNES? I realize they're basically the same thing on the inside.[/citation]

it's a UK PAL SNES,
it's the japanese version that is called the super famicom.

asobitech

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]IH8U[/nom]How is this new? I've seen/built systems in: NES, SNES, Pizza Box, Toaster, CRT Monitor (used an LCD), and soon a PS2 (dead PS2 I gutted).[/citation]

it's new as in I've only just finished building it a few days ago.

asobitech

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]I think I prefer that. The SNES doesn't have a good place to buy a disk drive.Those top loading Saturn mods are pretty sweet though.[/citation]

that's why I put the CD drive inside the cartridge.
sort of ironic having a CD where the cartridge should be.

asobitech

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]Not without modification, but there are plenty of guides out there that, with a SNES controller, a USB cable, and a stop at Radio Shack, you can make a USB SNES controller that works great.However, I much prefer using a Dualshock 3 wirelessly for my Emulation needs (NES, SNES, PS1, PS2, etc).[/citation]

I took the original SNES controllers, took out the insides,
then bought a cheap ass USB SNES-a-like controller for PC off of eBay,
taking the insides of the cheap controller, I put those inside the original SNES controller,

Voila!!! USB original SNES controllers.

Status
Not open for further replies.