amazon and/or ebay question

Status
Not open for further replies.

me88

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
i know this is something i can easily look up but i seem to have trouble finding the answer so i thought i would turn here. what information does the seller get from the buyer on amazon and/or ebay? I'm assuming they get the shipping address for obvious reasons but they don't get any other information, correct?

Solution
Hi,

To my knowledge and since I am using both for a long time.
Ebay, requires Paypal for payments. So your credit card is secure and the seller will get your shipping address only.
I believe Amazon is the samething, except there is no paypal (Amazon secure your credit card info), but same as ebay the seller will have your address for shipment.

Regards,

IceMyth

Honorable
Dec 15, 2015
Hi,

To my knowledge and since I am using both for a long time.
Ebay, requires Paypal for payments. So your credit card is secure and the seller will get your shipping address only.
I believe Amazon is the samething, except there is no paypal (Amazon secure your credit card info), but same as ebay the seller will have your address for shipment.

Regards,

Solution

me88

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011

that makes sense, i assumed it was like that. it makes sense that the seller and/or amazon and/or ebay only see a shipping address and nothing else, that would be an incredible breach of privacy.

ebay and/or the seller doesn't have access to your paypal information?

Status
Not open for further replies.