Amazon Approaching Game Developers Over Set-Top Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achoo22

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Just give me a device that can stream games from a PC running Steam's Big Picture Mode that supports USB input devices! I don't even like Steam, but this is what I would want hooked up to my TVs.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
Another Android device that'll probably be a complete flop for gamers, just like the Ouya. I love Amazon Instant Video, but I can already use it on a number of other set-top boxes I own including my Sony Blu-Ray player, my Roku 1, my Xbox 360, and soon my Xbox One. If this thing was actually going to have hardware that could at least compete with the Wii U and some developers making AAA exclusives for it I would probably get it.

dgingeri

Distinguished
Sweet! I'd love to be able to get rid of my HTPC and have a set top box using 1/3 the power. Right now, I'm using an AMD A4 to watch Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. Games might be a nice addition, but not necessary.

Olivia Heartelly

Honorable
Sep 26, 2013
Not ready to surrender the control of the living room to online motion picture options, I believe same as amazon, Dish Network and Comcast are advancing, organizing an engagement of the set-top boxes unlike any recent in years.
<a href="http://www.watchcases.com/">WatchCases.com</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.