Amazon Launches Four New Fire Tablets, Introduces Fire OS 5 'Bellini'

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmh

Honorable
Aug 12, 2015
I would also like to see the 8" in a 32 GB version. I have a 2012 model HD 8.9 and if it had only 16 GB of storage it would have been full rather quickly. Not all things (especially apps) work well when transferred to a SD card. I am glad that they finally listened and added the SD card slot though. It's been a long time coming.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
@Alidan
Only the older versions of FireOS on older generation Tablets have root. I know that the first and second gen have unlocked bootloaders, and the last gen before this recently(a few months) got its bootloader unlocked on older FireOS versions. It's unlikely that this new FireOS will see root for a biit.
@kenyee
I was surprised about this myself, as most of the older gen devices have better screens. Hopefully that changes...

Gurg

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2013
As a strange timing coincidence my wife's Fire HD tablet started having problems and not working well about two weeks ago for no apparent reason????

mlee 2500

Honorable
Oct 20, 2014
Allot of folks are observing that the resolution seems low...and it is relative to more expensive tablets.

I think this is a price-point/screen size thing.

And before you point out that the Asus Zenpad is about the same price range...ask yourself what kind of ecosystem Asus provides with it and if it's anything nearly as robust as what Amazon provides.

...But yeah....the resolution isn't going to impress anyone.

mojosdad3

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013
I own an HDX 7". Is the HDX lineup getting an upgrade soon or does this new HD lineup replace the 2014 HDX 7" and 8.9"?

westphxguy

Reputable
Sep 20, 2015
I have a 2015 HDX 8.9. Recently they "updated" the SILK browser, and now it forgets the browser tabs every time you switch apps. Never restores the environment or tab and does not have a FULL SCREEN option. VERY disappointed about this. Hoping they bring the new OS to the previous gen devices, but not sure now if that will be a good thing or not. The new HD devices are a joke in image quality. If one upgraded from an HDX to these, you would want to scratch your eyes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.