Question Amazon Prime Video Subtitles Stuck at Tiny!

alanattom

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2012
Somehow my Amazon Videos now have very tiny barely legible subtitles.

This only happens on our SAMSUNG Smart TV (NU6900), and it only happens with Amazon Prime (Netflix, Hulu, etc. subtitles are all fine on that TV).

All our other Amazon Prime Video devices (iPads, Roku, other TVs) are fine.

I've tried all sorts of things to fix this:

1. I've tried to reset them (while I'm watching a video), but the Amazon App either freezes as I try to choose a better CC size, or it ignores any change I try to make
  2. I’ve EDITED them on Amazon.com/CC
  3. I've TURNED OFF SUBTITLES, and then back on, but they remain tiny
  4. I've Removed the Amazon/Samsung app, and then reinstalled it, and signed back in (did not help).

I can watch those same Amazon videos on all our other devices with no problem - the CC on all those is fine, not very tiny.

Is there a way for me to "restore Amazon defaults" on this Amazon Samsung app, or is there some other way to make the font normal on this TV?

Thanks for any help!

Alan

Mar 21, 2020
There must be some other error with the playback.

Have you checked the Amazon prime troubleshooting guide?
Or Samsung App guide?

Or You can Also Check PUREVPN's Error guide list, i have seen plenty of streaming service Apps troubleshoot there.

Reactions: alanattom

alanattom

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2012
Thank you.

It never occurred to me that the Samsung Amazon app might be controlled by Samsung.

I just assumed it was controlled by Amazon.

I have contacted Samsung support (via their Forum).

Thanks again,

Alan

If you did not change any options in your TV then there is nothing to reset. Check with Samsung support, they control the app.

alanattom

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2012
Thank you, Nathan.

I did check the Amazon guide and the PUREVPN error list, but I did not find anything that I could use here.

I am now hoping Samsung Support will help (I hadn't realized Samsung controlled the Amazon app on Samsung devices).

Thanks again,

Alan

There must be some other error with the playback.

Have you checked the Amazon prime troubleshooting guide?
Or Samsung App guide?

Or You can Also Check PUREVPN's Error guide list, i have seen plenty of streaming service Apps troubleshoot there.

alanattom

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2012
Thank you, Mandark.

We do have Amazon on Roku, and also on our other (non-Samsung) TV, as well as on several Ipads and an Iphone.

Subtitles all work perfectly on each of those, just not on the Samsung TV.

I've contacted Samsung Support in the hope they will help.

Thanks again,

Alan

Don’t use the built-in apps because they stink. All of them on every smart TV. Get an Apple TV or Roku