Amazon prime visa signature pay over time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iseeu1001

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2012
Does the pay over time option work for the visa signature or only for the amazon store card? I can open a credit no problem but I am wondering if you can get the same no intrest for 6 12 or 24 month on the visa signature card from amazon( I know it will only apply for amazon).

iseeu1001

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2012
I spoke to 2 over chat yesterday and they left me hanging for 30 minutes... amazon employees are just dumb as rock if they don’t train your employees to answer that type of question. Just say idk instead of letting me hold for a long time.

From what I can see, special financing is only available for amazon store cards, however there are other financing options for non store cards (but they have other terms).

If you are having issue with amazon support, indicate that and ask to speak with a supervisor. You are more likely to get better help, they will then know there is a shortcoming in that aspect of the support system, and you can sometimes receive compensation.

iseeu1001

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2012
I really just don't want a store card though that I can't use anywhere else other then amazon. I got one for best buy for that reason exactly but I don't see myself spending that much at best buy. The last time I bought something from best buy was 3 yrs ago and that was a 65 inch 4k samsung tv for 2.4k with warranty included and 0% apr for 24 months so I took that offer but other then that I have already paid up the tv and I have nothing to buy at best buy which is stupid because I got a credit limit of 5k with best buy when I signed up. I hate store cards and I am never getting one more store card because my other is a bobs discount furniture card with an available balance of 3.4k and I only spent $1k which I paid of a long time ago and I have nothing else to buy. 2 is more then enough store cards I need because if I can get the visa signature and still get the finance option then I will go open that one because you can use that anywhere else. I have 4 other visa and one of them is a discover card to which I never use so I have had it frozen.

The "pay over time" option that AMZ offers you (4 or 5 monthly payments) at checkout time works for all payment methods that you have associated with your account. This includes all the major credit cards that AMZ accepts, as well as debit cards, or direct from checking account transactions.

iseeu1001

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2012
Oh I am stupid. It does work with the signature visa. Looks like time to get an amazon visa card. eh I could get 5 months but I want a little longer interest free financing deals.

I've only ever taken whatever they offered me interest-free....not really interested in drawing out payments much longer than that, so I have no idea what terms they offer on longer repayment arrangements. I would imagine that you would run into interest terms, at some point, on the longer offers.

iseeu1001

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2012
I've only ever taken whatever they offered me interest-free....not really interested in drawing out payments much longer than that, so I have no idea what terms they offer on longer repayment arrangements. I would imagine that you would run into interest terms, at some point, on the longer offers.
With these type of special cards you don't pay interest until you're pass the free interest date just like an intro cc that has 0% for 12 month etc... I never pay interest. I could afford the item right out but why would I want to if I can take my time and pay it of over time or I don't want to keep paying for it then I can just pay it off fully. When I financed my tv for best buy and my furniture through bobs I never paid the amount they told me to but paid extra over time and I never had to pay any late fees nothing because I was never late. I didnt have to pay extra if didn't want to but I didn't also wanted to drag it out until the final month that was interest free because most rewards card have 23-29% interest after the period of the free interest if you didn't pay off your item before the term was up.

Status
Not open for further replies.