Amazon Selling PC Games Crazy Cheap Today Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

These sales are nothing new. Amazon has had these games on sale at the same/lower prices throughout January. The only thing special about today is that they're all on sale at once.
That being said, if you still have the $5 promotional code (from buying a digital PC game from Amazon during December), use it now before it expires.
Also, many Amazon digital games activate on Steam or Origin. Just activate it using the key you get.
Finally, Duke Nukem Forever should activate on Steam, and Steam will give you the PC version too for it.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I am a FPS for PC and have played many, MANY FPS games and I LOVED Crysis. But I got Crysis 2 for $10 from Steam about 2-3mos ago. I played through first 3 or 4 levels and just couldn't bring myself to carry on. Graphics aside (which were 'ok') I could NOT see a parallel between Crysis & Crysis 2. It was a boring story line. Not sure if I agree with the side missions either. Just wasn't the same Crysis I was used too. If I could sell my Steam copy I would.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Anyone notice a pattern with all these titles on sale? Most of it is EA shovel-ware. I suppose it is better to buy through Amazon than to get this stuff through Origin. I've had more problems with Origin in a couple months than I've had with Steam since its beginning. At least with Amazon purchases you don't have to worry about having what you did buy suddenly disappear.

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
[citation][nom]thejerm333[/nom]These sales are nothing new. Amazon has had these games on sale at the same/lower prices throughout January. [/citation]
Yes, for the past two months they have had a lot of impressive sales. What was even sweeter was that they had most of these sales over the course of December (and many more) and included a $5 credit for a purchase in January - making many titles this past month on this list free if they were only $5 (or darn close). I have been very impressed with Amazon and their prices, if only they could develop a central area on amazon.com dedicated to games where you could log in and view what you have and so on. I'm picturing something kin to Steam's game library page on their client - not just a purchase history within your account.

shakl

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
Amazon has been kicking Steams butt in sales lately. I got ME2 for 5 bucks which also got me the $5 promo code which I used to get NFS: Hot Pursuit for 3 bucks.

I remember they had -75% off GTA 4 in the beginning of January, sucks they didn't rehash that deal.

hapkido

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
[citation][nom]thejerm333[/nom]That being said, if you still have the $5 promotional code (from buying a digital PC game from Amazon during December), use it now before it expires.[/citation]

I have a $5 code. Amazon won't let me apply it to Deadspace or the Burnout pack. First it said the code couldn't be applied, now it says it's already been used. It's been sitting in my email inbox for a month, so it looks like they gave me a $5 code I can't use. I'll see if support can help me out.

madooo12

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
[citation][nom]darkchazz[/nom]I preordered crysis 2 on steam, it's ok nothing special about it.The engine, though, is absolutely amazing... been playing with the sandbox 3 editor for the last few months...Here's how crysis 1 can look like in CryEngine 3, made this yesterday:http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6636/tinyisland.jpg[/citation]
the picture's shadows are stupid, it treats the sun as a close light source and the shadows of the trees have different angles, unlike in reality where shadows of objects made by the sun are nearly paralell

maybe the engine needs some fixing

Pallimud

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
[citation][nom]hapkido[/nom]I have a $5 code. Amazon won't let me apply it to Deadspace or the Burnout pack. First it said the code couldn't be applied, now it says it's already been used. It's been sitting in my email inbox for a month, so it looks like they gave me a $5 code I can't use. I'll see if support can help me out.[/citation]

Those two games are specifically mentioned as not working with the January $5 promo. I had the same issue but read at the top of the listing page that they were excluded.

badaxe2

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2008
[citation][nom]madooo12[/nom]the picture's shadows are stupid, it treats the sun as a close light source and the shadows of the trees have different angles, unlike in reality where shadows of objects made by the sun are nearly paralellmaybe the engine needs some fixing[/citation]

Maybe before rushing to judgment over an engine's shadows, it'd be a good idea to take a look at the angle of the trees in relation to the sun's position in the sky.

Real world examples-

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/11400/11400,1223059702,2/stock-photo-island-paradise-palm-trees-hanging-over-a-sandy-white-beach-with-stunning-blue-waters-18334309.jpg
http://images.travelpod.com/users/tonka_eng/1.1253657290.palm-trees-and-the-beautiful-caribbean.jpg
http://www.ipadthemesworld.com/ipad-wallpapers/images/nature/nature-12.jpg

bd26

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
far from "crazy cheap" very very far..... Why promote so so deals? Might as well do news article on every steam holiday week then... Those put this sale to shame.

jryan388

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2009

You can... It's called Steam Trading. Either trade it for a real game or coupons or steam stuffs or work out a cash payment w/ someone IRL

Status
Not open for further replies.