[SOLVED] Amazon sent wrong SSD, but should I keep it?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
So I ordered another 500gb samsung 860 evo so I can get more games.

But they sent me a 1tb 860 qvo, which I see is slightly slower than the evo.

However the 1tb qvo is worth 105$ and they only charged me 70$ for the 500gb evo.

So should I just keep this drive? Is it substantially slower or would it be fine for gaming, also considering I somehow got it for 70$? Or should I send it back?

I mean its double the space... idk.. any advice?

Aug 7, 2018
Did you contact Amazon about the mistake? Let your conscience be your guide.
My conscience says that Amazon should pay him for the time and inconvenience of having to fix it. Not just shipping, not just the time it takes to do the exchange, but the time involved in doing things like posting on this forum, and the loss of the use of the hardware due to Amazon's mistake. I think a replacement HD plus $500 would be fair.

That's what my conscience says. Too many of us operate with a limited understanding of what the value of our lives actually is, and we fail to assert that value when things like this happen.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
My conscience says that Amazon should pay him for the time and inconvenience of having to fix it. Not just shipping, not just the time it takes to do the exchange, but the time involved in doing things like posting on this forum, and the loss of the use of the hardware due to Amazon's mistake. I think a replacement HD plus $500 would be fair.

That's what my conscience says. Too many of us operate with a limited understanding of what the value of our lives actually is, and we fail to assert that value when things like this happen.

If this was the financial cost for a small warehouse snafu that results in the wrong small consumer hardware being shipped, either these drives would cost $500 or only be available for purchase in physical stores.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Any time I have had an issue with Amazon in the past, they went out of their way to make it right. I have received the wrong (or too many) item before and they were great to work with.

The OP did not have to use any of his time (nor money) had he chosen to engage with Amazon, short of waiting for the correct item. Your "pain and suffering" costs are interesting and in this case, self inflicted.

Reactions: Jason H.
Character is doing the Thing Right :)

Facts. However Im sure Amazon isnt worried about the 40$ loss lol. Ive already transferred all my games and files to it. Done deal lol.

I sometimes do the right thing. Not everytime lol. Besides I dont want to wait for the return as I was in desperate need of space. I cannot even tell a differance in the speed for my game loading times either. Seems the same as the evo.

IMO they can learn from their mistakes lol.