News Amazon Set to Accept Bitcoins, Develop Crypto Strategy

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
I feel sometimes companies accept cryptocurrency to bump up the prices of the crypto itself. Behind the scenes, you really don't know if the CEO have a vested interest in the likes of Bitcoin. Instead of waiting for their yearly bonus, cryptocurrency can make a rich even richer in a short span of time. All you need is some catalyst, i.e. good news of companies/ countries accepting, in order for the value to appreciate a healthy percentage in a day.

escksu

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 8, 2019
Haha, too bad for those who say nay to crypto.....

Told you all that value is created by man. Whatever intrinsic valuve, backing etc... all doesn't matter. As long as pple recognise it, there is valuve, pple don't, it has no value.

Crypto will always have value because its world wide. IT will take a coordinated effort from the world to ban crypto, then it will have no value.

wr3zzz

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
This is a very misleading headline. Digital currency and blockchain are not just cryto, and if you read the Amazon statement they said nothing about accepting tulips as payments. What is happening is that all large economy central banks have been working on digitizing money supply with China just launched its own digital renminbi tests. ECB is supposedly not far behind with digital euro. These are real monies and will remake existing financial transfer and payment systems. I doubt Bezos is looking to market manipulate Bitcoin like Elan Musk but rather the end game is to displace the likes of VISA, Master and Paypal, or even bank intermediaries.