Amazon Shipping Kindle Paperwhite E-Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.
... and still no external SD card support.
I have a 4+ GB books collection that I can not put on this, because it's only 2GB.
DRM paranoia getting in the way of a (otherwise) perfect device.

phate

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
I know I always need to have 4GB of books on my device all at once. Who knows when I'll need the entire library of congress in my backpocket.

/sarcasm

commandersozo

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2008
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]... and still no external SD card support. I have a 4+ GB books collection that I can not put on this, because it's only 2GB. DRM paranoia getting in the way of a (otherwise) perfect device.[/citation]
Dem torrents...

G

I'd LOVE to get this. I use my Sony reader daily, but Amazon's new screen look so much better, and I have no doubt it is a better device technically.

But, can't afford to be vendor locked in. Open format or nothing. drm penalizes the good guys. As an honest buyer, demand an honest product, not one which burdens you by refusing to work on other devices.

quotas47

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
I technically preordered. I placed my order on the 28th...

When they mean they're shipping preorders, I'm guessing they meant before that by some margin. Any idea what the official cutoff for the preorders were stated to be?

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]phate[/nom]I know I always need to have 4GB of books on my device all at once. Who knows when I'll need the entire library of congress in my backpocket./sarcasm[/citation]

"640 books is enough for anyone" :)

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
I've seen a older kindle in person I will admit I like the screen and the way the text pops out. Just wish all my school books were on the kindle store or something instead of them doing their each half ass ebooks websites and apps which are so full of drm and restrictions it's useless. I can tell you I wouldn't mind ditching 20+lbs of books for a kindle, i do it in a heartbeat if I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.