Amazon *Used-Like New* ASUS 1080Ti OC

iGlitch4CodHD

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016
Have any of you bought a GPU from Amazon Warehouse? I just bought a ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti OC. They had it listed as Used- Like New with it saying that the packaging was a little beat up and that’s why it wasn’t listed as new. I’ve read that you have to be weary of buying used GPU b cause of miners. I’m just wanting to hear from people that have bought from Amazon Warehouse and if I’ll be ok. I ended up getting the last one for 822$ which is pretty damn good considering it’s sold out everywhere.

Solution
Sorry but you did not get a good deal at all.
Used/like new= no warranty. Asus warranties are not transferable. Only the original buyer gets the warranty and since you bought it used you get no warranty.

Actual new cards with warranty available at the same price or less from other manufacturers like Evga, Gigabyte, MSI and Zotac.
$822 for a used 1080 Ti? If that's in USD, you sir just got ripped off! You can find 1080 Ti's of basically the same model for $800 NEW, and if you went with a different brand, you could find a new one for $700! Nobody can give you a 100% answer on the quality of used products. It depends on where/how/when/and how long it was used for. Generally, HEAVILY used 1080 Ti's that are kept in a poorly ventilated area, running HIGH OC's all the time won't last you nearly as long as a new card. Not to mention, you might be losing out on warranties if you buy used.

iGlitch4CodHD

Commendable
Aug 21, 2016

Used Like New. It’s wasnt used at all the packaging is just beat up.U cannot find a 1080ti oc for anything under 900$ plus tax rn as they are out of stock everywhere. On top of this Amazons return policy is amazing. It was 822 plus tax. As I’ve read ASUS warranty is pretty * anyways, so it doesn’t matter if it’s new or not.

USAFRet

Titan

What is the warranty you got?
90 days? 1 year?

You've "read" that Asus warranty is poor? Don't believe everything you read.
3 years on a GPU
http://www.commercialsupport.asus.com/graphics-card-warranty

bignastyid

Titan
Sorry but you did not get a good deal at all.
Used/like new= no warranty. Asus warranties are not transferable. Only the original buyer gets the warranty and since you bought it used you get no warranty.

Actual new cards with warranty available at the same price or less from other manufacturers like Evga, Gigabyte, MSI and Zotac.

Solution

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
EVGA GTX 1080ti Sc2 $674 on AMazon right now. You sir have been, as they say in the smoky back room, taken for a long ride on a short pier! Return it and buy this one. Good day! I said good day!