Amazon's Kindle Touch is Sold Out Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]Enjoy the new trapezoidal pyrmaid, button less, PCB green Kindle Fire. The only portable device that doesn't infringe on Apple patents![/citation]
They still could have came up with a better design than using a home button in the middle. Same for the Nook Touch.

back_by_demand

Splendid
BANNED
Jul 16, 2009
Still, as a book reader it succeeds where other devices do not, it reads like paper in bright sunlight
If they can crack a colour screen that does the same it will be the next big thing

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Still, as a book reader it succeeds where other devices do not, it reads like paper in bright sunlight...If they can crack a colour screen that does the same it will be the next big thing[/citation]That's what I'm hoping for, a color e-ink Kindle Touch. Possibly with built-in lighting like Nook's Glowlight feature. Don't get me wrong, I'm normally all for consolidating functionality, but I just can't entirely replace my Kindle with a Fire/Nexus/whatever backlit device.

After using an e-ink display for reading novels, its hard to go back. Especially in bright light! E-ink's low power consumption (only when changing pages) is also a huge plus, along with zero eyestrain even after reading for hours on end. I was really hoping one of those hybrid screens would be all that it claimed - able to switch at will between a standard LCD and something that functions as well as e-ink in bright daylight. But since I haven't seen any of those displays in a major device, it makes me think they've got flaws/weaknesses that made them unsuitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.