News AMD’s Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition: Better Performance, Integer Scaling, More

clsmithj

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
Yeah but where's the Microsoft DirectX Raytracing (DXR) support? I was really hoping to see this get featured for this update.
Bring RDNA 1.0 to be up on pair with Nvidia Geforce 16 Series that supports DXR.

Gillerer

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2013
I also checked AMD's page, and while the new driver package is not available for the RX 590/580/570/560/470/..., it is listed for the RX 5700/XT.

So there are multiple options:
  1. AMD is doing a staggered launch for different GPUs, either to balance the load on their servers, or because there are still problems for some GPUs that they're trying to iron out;
  2. the listings for some GPUs have been left out unintentionally, and they need to fix their website/database; or
  3. changes on their support pages haven't propagated to all products for some reason - maybe a reverse proxy is still serving the old pages.
The fact that even the Radeon Settings update check doesn't offer the new version for RX 570 would imply point 1. Then again, if it's a database data entry error, it could effect the website and the settings app equally.

Last edited:

d33dave

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
it's there now, but i'd hold off. many users complaining about stuttering and all my games would freeze up after 3 min or less of game play. seems not ready for primetime.

Gillerer

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2013
it's there now, but i'd hold off. many users complaining about stuttering and all my games would freeze up after 3 min or less of game play. seems not ready for primetime.

I got freezes too but I seem to have fixed them by disabling Enhanced Sync (now apparently enabled by default) .