News AMD’s Ryzen 9 5950X Is Now Only $516: Real Deals

Steweh

Prominent
Feb 9, 2022
Prices fluctuate all the time as you know. At the time of publishing the CPU was indeed only $516. These deals don't last forever and we can't predict when they will change or how long they will last unless it is stated by the seller.

Not much sense in posting these kinds of deals right now. Any prudent buyer would rather wait a couple of months for AMD's new line-up to come out and the prices to drop even further.
Prices would only drop further if amd would keep producing the older CPUs or if there where a huge stock pile, as there often is with lower end intel cpus, all the retailers will do deep sales before the new line-up comes out to get rid of left over stock, after the new ones come out prices of the older gen will probably even go up as people that want to upgrade wont have any other option other than used parts where you newer know if they have been treated well or not.

The new line-up will probably have a better performance per dollar but you would also need a whole new system.

cyrusfox

Distinguished
Prices would only drop further if amd would keep producing the older CPUs or if there where a huge stock pile, as there often is with lower end intel cpus, all the retailers will do deep sales before the new line-up comes out to get rid of left over stock, after the new ones come out prices of the older gen will probably even go up as people that want to upgrade wont have any other option other than used parts where you newer know if they have been treated well or not.

The new line-up will probably have a better performance per dollar but you would also need a whole new system.
As 5000 series is the last tier that supports AM4, AMD will keep producing them through 2023, While the margin for the product will be lower, the 5950x as well as the 5800x3d will still hold a premium due to their halo status on that socket. Same phenomena can plainly be seen for i7-4790k,7700k,i9-9900k,10900k, All which hold value for way longer than they should compared to much better modern options.

Makaveli

Splendid
Oh man, that's not good news! When the author wrote that article, he/she was hoping specifically that Makaveli needed 16 cores. The article should just be deleted as it no longer serves any worthwhile purpose.

lol quote where I wrote that applies to everyone.

Obviously i'm speaking about myself.

Maybe time to go get a coffee or something and get off the computer.

Reactions: drivinfast247