[SOLVED] AMD 1600 strange voltage on Gigabyte X370

Jan 12, 2019
Okay all my wife upgraded my old 3570 (non K) to a Ryzen 1600 (it was 50 cheaper than the 2600 and I could OC to close to the same performance). Slapped on my old trusty Rosewill 125w cooler and tinkered around and found my best voltage to cpu ratio to be 1.275v@3.85ghz. Runs prime stable for 5 hours and only hits 70C. Gaming with cpu heavy games like the Witcher 3 and Battlefront 2 cpu stays in the mid 50s.

Now what I have noticed as odd is my voltage will normally be 1.272-1.284v which is what I would expect but randomly the voltage will jump to 1.344v for no apparent reason only for a few seconds. Is this normal? I am on a Gigabyte board with the latest bios so I can only change offsets but still easy enough to set to 1.275. I have turbo, cool & quiet, and C-State off. Any ideas to what would cause this problem?

Solution
For anyone who may come across this problem I have found the fix. The problem is somewhere in Gigabytes software. All I had installed was the app center and RGB Fusion so my TEAM T-Force Delta ram would blink orange to match my case. Anyway uninstalled all the Gigabyte software and installed Aura to control my ram color. Played the Witcher III for three hours and no crazy voltage spike and temps staying around 50C. Problem solved!
Jan 12, 2019
For anyone who may come across this problem I have found the fix. The problem is somewhere in Gigabytes software. All I had installed was the app center and RGB Fusion so my TEAM T-Force Delta ram would blink orange to match my case. Anyway uninstalled all the Gigabyte software and installed Aura to control my ram color. Played the Witcher III for three hours and no crazy voltage spike and temps staying around 50C. Problem solved!

Solution