Amd 18.2.3 not a win

Feb 25, 2018
Anybody else having problems with AMD Radeon 18.2.3 drivers? Shortly after install, pc wouldn't go to sleep. Chrome wouldn't open. 4 BSODs in 3 hours. Flight SIM X (steam edition) "missing shaders required for FSX...). Unable to open and use Radeon control 'dashboard'. Spent hours trying to adjust system power options, reinstalling c++ software, and screen res horribly out of whack. Longer story short, found and reverted back to 18.2.2; every problem solved in 5 minutes. Any other poor saps get any of these symptoms this weekend? I am a die-hard AMD/Radeon squint, this was very surprising.

Solution
I installed it earlier today after formatting W10 Pro x64 following a MB, CPU, RAM upgrade to 8700k, Prime Z370-A, and Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200. Everything on desktop, including Radeon Settings panel, has worked fine, as did a session of Ghost Recon Wildlands.

I'll report back after testing more games. I also want to try recording with ReLive again because the last driver version I installed had a lot of audio problems with ReLive clips. It was one of the things this new driver said was fixed in the release notes, although they called it "intermittent" and "small". More like constant sputtering that was very annoying.

"Radeon ReLive instant replay clips may intermittently contain small amounts of audio distortion."

I had almost...
I installed it earlier today after formatting W10 Pro x64 following a MB, CPU, RAM upgrade to 8700k, Prime Z370-A, and Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200. Everything on desktop, including Radeon Settings panel, has worked fine, as did a session of Ghost Recon Wildlands.

I'll report back after testing more games. I also want to try recording with ReLive again because the last driver version I installed had a lot of audio problems with ReLive clips. It was one of the things this new driver said was fixed in the release notes, although they called it "intermittent" and "small". More like constant sputtering that was very annoying.

"Radeon ReLive instant replay clips may intermittently contain small amounts of audio distortion."

I had almost given up on the constant problems with ReLive, then I noticed with one of the recent Adrenalin drivers, they finally got the save instant replay hotkey to work consistently. Before I always had to bring up the tool bar and click the save button. When I heard the sputtering though, I was right back to "Here we go again". :sarcastic:

Solution

Rexer

Distinguished
Yeah, I notice Chrome not opening. I got it to open but don't remember what I did. Sorry.
Last October I uploaded Sapphire Trixx to see what kind of overclocking it does. It was O.K. not sensational but good and I left the settings alone and forgot about it. This December, AMD sends me notification it wants to update Adrenaline with 18.2.2 so I gave it a clean uninstall and loaded it up.
Right away I noticed Trixx lost control of the fan settings anymore so I rolled it back to 18.2.1 which I gained back fan control.
So then I uploaded 18.2.3 to see if there was a fix and lost fan control again. I did this uninstalling and reinstalling Trixx to make sure the old driver setting settings weren't there. There's probably a setting that needs to be turned off. Haven't looked for it, yet.
Now I'm checking if Afterburner is affected by this, too. Will come back.