Question AMD 1950X Threadripper - high temperatures!

Aug 21, 2019
Please I need advice what shoukld I do next.

I have a new CPU AMD TR 1950X. I don't use OC and my temperatures are higher than I expected and than what I usually read on other sites.

My system
ASUS X399 Prime-a
AMD 1950X Threadripper 3.6GHz
BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro TR4
ASUS 2080Ti 11GB
Corsiar Hx1000i

What I have already found out is that AMD uses two sensors Tctr and Tdie. The correct one to look at is Tdie as this is a true temperature. The other is too trigger a cooler, if I understood that correctly. The offset between two sensors is 27*C.

Still the temperatures seem very high. On idle, Tdie is around 30-40C while on stress the temperature may rise almost to 80C. I was using HWInfo64 to read the temperatures during the test in Prime95 and recorded the whole history--actually not quite because windows decuded to go to stand by. I can see the temperatures drop and rise between 67C 77C. Is there something wrong with that cooler? Should I be worried and perhaps change it to something else. I really need some help here.
Thanks

PS. I include graph from the test.

uc

Aug 21, 2019
Thanks for a quick comment LordVile.

So, do you think it's expected? I was thinking about two things while writing this post. First, AMD recommends max 68C on the Tdie sensor and also others report lower temperatures than that, less than 70. I can see temperature on idle is around 30-40C which I assume it is expected. I was worried about the temp under stress conditions.