[SOLVED] Amd 200ge over clocked with rtx 2060 will it badly bottle neck

Feb 5, 2019
I am looking for what I can buy so I want to know if I can use a over clocked and atholon 200 ge from a msi b350 gaming plus and if I can pair it with a rtx 2060 so it would be nice if I could know if it will be fine or baddly bottleneck or I I should save for a amd ryzen 3 2200g or ryzen 5 2400g.

Solution
I know they are older now, but microcenter near me had the 1600 for just 99 bucks just recently. If you can score a deal like that, that would perform much much better than the 200ge. Especially with a bit of overclocking.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
You certainly 'can' pair a 200GE with a 2060, nothing stopping you.

Realistically though, a 2c/4t chip is going to be underwhelming with any form of higher-end card. It'll depend on specific games/settings/resolution, of course - but the CPU is going to be your limiting factor in anything remotely modern.

If at all possible, I'd save for a Ryzen5..... but avoid the 2400G if you're pairing with a discreet GPU. You're paying for the iGP of a 2400G that you'll never use - while sacrificing core/thread count and available PCIe lanes.

A Ryzen5 2600 would be ideal.... Or a 1600 maybe if you'll save some money on it.