Question AMD 2400g OC

mandeep57

Honorable
Feb 14, 2015
hello...
I am newbie in OC.
And i have Some questions About OC..

If i dont do over clock then Does it mean tht Cpu will only work at base clock 3.6? OR will it automatically do it 3.6 to 3.9 according to PC usage?

I enabled Game boost in MSi Bios and now it show my Cpu @ 3.85 Ghz with 1.444V...Idle temp :34 to 44 degress......Tried Cpu Z stress Test and Temp went to 79 degees in one Minute ......Is it Good to use this feature?

MY iGpu still shows at 400mhz Current and in Max it show 1240Mhz....but how to clock iGpu..I cannot find anything about igpu in Bios?

and is Overclocking Safe if my PC temps are not High and everything is stable?

Specs:
Cpu : Ryzen 5 2400g
Mobo : Msi B450 Pro Vdh plus
Ram : Gskill Flarex 2x8gb 3200mhz
PSu : Thermaltake lite power 450W

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
hello...
I am newbie in OC.
And i have Some questions About OC..

If i dont do over clock then Does it mean tht Cpu will only work at base clock 3.6? OR will it automatically do it 3.6 to 3.9 according to PC usage?

It means the system will Turbo to what it needs to and return to base when the load is done.

I enabled Game boost in MSi Bios and now it show my Cpu @ 3.85 Ghz with 1.444V...Idle temp :34 to 44 degress......Tried Cpu Z stress Test and Temp went to 79 degees in one Minute ......Is it Good to use this feature?

Those temps are typical for a stock cooler, It's not uncommon on those chips under a stress test to see spikes as high as 90C and load temps around 81C. Stress test temps do not reflect everyday use, they are the absolute max under the worst possible conditions for a longer period of time than what you normally see. Yes Game boost is safe to use it just isn't the best for bringing out the max overclocks you could possibly have.

MY iGpu still shows at 400mhz Current and in Max it show 1240Mhz....but how to clock iGpu..I cannot find anything about igpu in Bios?

It's explained here. IGPU Overclocking

and is Overclocking Safe if my PC temps are not High and everything is stable?

Specs:
Cpu : Ryzen 5 2400g
Mobo : Msi B450 Pro Vdh plus
Ram : Gskill Flarex 2x8gb 3200mhz
PSu : Thermaltake lite power 450W

Your temps are normal for a stock cooler if you're going to overclock then replace the cooler with something a bit better. A Hyper 212 LED or EVO for around $35 will do far better but there are many other options depending on what you want to spend.

mandeep57

Honorable
Feb 14, 2015
It means the system will Turbo to what it needs to and return to base when the load is done.

Those temps are typical for a stock cooler, It's not uncommon on those chips under a stress test to see spikes as high as 90C and load temps around 81C. Stress test temps do not reflect everyday use, they are the absolute max under the worst possible conditions for a longer period of time than what you normally see. Yes Game boost is safe to use it just isn't the best for bringing out the max overclocks you could possibly have.

It's explained here. IGPU Overclocking

Your temps are normal for a stock cooler if you're going to overclock then replace the cooler with something a bit better. A Hyper 212 LED or EVO for around $35 will do far better but there are many other options depending on what you want to spend.

Thank you for a very good explaination.
I understand all you said.
And now it seems like i just need to do GPU..but i cant find GPu OC setting in Bios anywhere.

Check this image :
https://ibb.co/jDmFy9N

Last edited:

mandeep57

Honorable
Feb 14, 2015
More to Overclocking and hit F7 to go to the Advanced mode.
Nothing happens when i press F7
I Cant even OC cpu here.
https://ibb.co/Ms4FpWQ

one more question
in the picture above there is option for 'Initiate Graphic Adapater" and in it there is PEG and IGD...what is it for?

Sorry for awkard Questions..

Edit :
I tried using ryzenmaster to over clock igpu only

I increased it to 1500mhz and voltage to 1.2 and then clicked apply but it didnt asked me for a restart and in current it showed igpu at 1500mhz so i did Fumark bench test both with 1240mhz and 1500mhz but both results came same.

Here is results :

https://ibb.co/FWpNGFz

https://ibb.co/g9YbWYz

Last edited: