AMD 2700+ 400Mhz RAM?

Hello,

Just wondering, I have an ASUS A7V... Deluxe (forget the whole thing, but
it's the one that many people have), and 2700+ AMD processor. Will this
setup support 400 Mhz RAM? I had a friend tell me that it would only
support 333Mhz.

Thanks

"Mista Fadedglory" <mfg@yomama.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Just wondering, I have an ASUS A7V... Deluxe (forget the whole thing, but
> it's the one that many people have), and 2700+ AMD processor. Will this
> setup support 400 Mhz RAM? I had a friend tell me that it would only
> support 333Mhz.
>
> Thanks

Well, your friend is half right. It won't run 400MHz RAM *at* 400MHz. But
you wouldn't want it to run at 400MHz anyway, as then it would be running
asynchronously with your CPU, which would slow your system down a bit.
However, you can install 400MHz RAM if you want to. It will run at 333MHz.
It will work fine that way. -Dave

Would I see a big difference between 333 and 400 mhz ram?