AMD 3000- 2666 real chip Speed- Bye Intel-

blue_heart

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001
very nice and thanks for the link.......eager to see it available and benchmarked

by the way, what they mean by prototype?

but, i think this should be tbred and not palomino.......i do not know??????

wish if there was UnDo in the life

MadCat

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2001
FWIW, this article does not look credible to me.

"... 2666MHz is friggin' incredible (Doing the math, 133x20 is only 2660. The exact number is around 20.045). ..."

Even the author comes across as a little technically incompetent.

svol

Champion
<A HREF="http://www.m3dzone.com/article.php?sid=2089&mode=thread&order=0" target="_new">http://www.m3dzone.com/article.php?sid=2089&mode=thread&order=0</A>.

Wow, nice article, nice blue colour.

[reads article]
Must... get... prototype...!
[/reads article]

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

mr_gobbledegook

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2001
Hey that artical looks a bit untrustworthy ! Sorry to say this but the picture looks like a fake as well. For a start the die and packaging is all one shade of colour as does not look a photograph. Someone must have spent some time in Paintshop Pro with the airbrush.

<font color=purple>~* K6-2 @ 333MHz *~
I don't need a 'Gigahertz' chip to surf the web just yet ;-)</font color=purple>

MadCat

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2001
I did the math to calculate what the core frequency must be (ball park) for a Palomino 3000+. The chip core frequency should be around 2333MHz, not 2666MHz! The article is a fake.

mr_gobbledegook

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2001
See what you mean. Its AMD freaks like these that give AMD a bad name. Its blatently a cheap attempt to give AMD a boost. It makes me sick that people have to resort to such measures to fuel thier un-dieing love for AMD.

<font color=purple>~* K6-2 @ 333MHz *~
I don't need a 'Gigahertz' chip to surf the web just yet ;-)</font color=purple>

jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
What did you use Bush math? AMD could call it whatever they want, but 133x20 is still around 2666. You can live in denial all you want. Besides if you actually looked at the site- which it seems you may have missed- the guy who posted the article constantly posts articles all of which you can verify as 100% true- why ruin a good multi year reputaion by lying about this?

My Jesus is whiter than your Jesus.

jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You've both assumed they decided to stick with their earlier ways of labeling chips speed. Besides it's a 3000+ which could actually be set as a higher speed chip- also it's a prototype- since when has any company had to abide by the way we think they should label their chips? If they did then this whole xp... thing would never be in the first place.

My Jesus is whiter than your Jesus.

AMD_Flinkster

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2002
WOW.
although the die does not look completely credible , the guy might have had a good digicam.
I think this ones a true story, brace yourselves for impact !!!!

MadCat

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2001
"... What did you use Bush math? ..."

I used back-of-envelope calculations. Looks like whoever is perpetuating this hoax simply added 1000 to both the model number and the chip operating frequency of the AXP 2000+ (1666.66MHz).

"... You can live in denial all you want. ..."

If it is true, I probably want one (but I don't think it is).

"... the guy who posted the article constantly posts articles all of which you can verify as 100% true ..."

Looks like he screwed up this time!

"... why ruin a good multi year reputaion by lying about this? ..."

I don't know why some people lie. Maybe it's a joke?

SammyBoy

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2001
Well, looking at an old pic of a <A HREF="http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/01q2/010608/index.html" target="_new">1.4 T-Bird</A>, I'd have to say that the XP 3000+ looks much like the old T-Bird design, and nothing like the newer <A HREF="http://www6.tomshardware.com/cpu/02q1/020107/index.html" target="_new">Palomino</A>. Therefore, I'm forced to conclude as well that this a doctored photo. The packaging looks like ceramic, which would probably not work for a CPU running that hot. And, I'd also like to point out that the bridges look exactly like the old T-Bird, and the die is the exact size as the old T-Bird, and we all know that that will not be the case.

-SammyBoy

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
people, they do have the speed right. i don't know about how true the site is, but the speed is right. see 133.3333333333x20 will give you that speed. that is how the mults work.

<font color=purple><b>Let us respect each other, so we can all be friends.</b> :wink: </font color=purple>

svol

Champion
Yes, but I read somewhere else that on the new Palomino (Throughbered or whatever) the design will be much more alike the T-bird then the XP, all outside components will be moved back to the front.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<b><A HREF="http://www.amdzone.com/#1" target="_new"><i><font color=red>Faked Athlon XP 3000+</font color=red>
Reported by: Chris Tom At: 1:28 PM
There is an image of a faked Athlon XP 3000+ floating around. I will not post to any site foolish enough to put it up and try and make money off of it.</A></b></i>

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
first i'll agree with svol, and now all i have to say is the guy is a dumbass over at the other website. the way the multiplier works is as follows, 133.33x20 and not 133x20.045

<font color=purple><b>Let us respect each other, so we can all be friends.</b> :wink: </font color=purple>

Copenhagen

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
I believe that a handpicked pre-production Throughbred could maybe do 2666MHz aircooled just like Intel has samples that are able to do 3000MHz aircooled. The MHz difference between AMD and Intel on 0.18 micron was 333MHz (2000MHz-1666MHz) and one could also expect that difference would hold on to 0.13 micron (3000MHz-333MHz) = 2666MHz. But there's no reason why AMD should hand out such precious samples already; for testing ??? Maybe they want to show some of their major OEM's that they are not trailing Intel.

<i>/Copenhagen</i>

<b><i>Seagate Barracuda IV.
Bad performance in RAID setups!
</i></b>

somerandomguy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2001
As much as I would love it if AMD released a 3000+ processor I think this is a hoax, and not a very good one.

"Ignorance is bliss, but I tend to get screwed over."

Intel_inside

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
It's so right. It's so pretty. It puts Schindler's list to shame. It is the ultimate good.
It is the ultimate fake. And your comparison is offensive. And Jesus wasn't white (he would have been tan).

<i>Hi I am from Canada, I don't use amd cause they melt my igloo eh.</i>

mbetea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
jesus wasn't blonde with blue eyes? i thought he was from california though? :wink:
see what he's up to <A HREF="http://www.jesus.com/" target="_new">here</A>

ps. why did my previous post get deleted? hmm.

happiness is finding a stick of ram in your mail.

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
hmm where to start? well here i go: first, the new packaging is green, a fairly bright shade of green and in no way confuseable with the blue color pictured there. on the other hand, it does bet the question of how he got a picture of a "3000+ at 2666mhz" at POST... even if he could somehow hack the ID registers (a feat in and of itself), it's not easy to get a palamino up to 2666 mhz.

oh, and intel "tan" isn't the best way to say Middle-Eastern. ah f*ck it, say whatever you want.

Hard work often pays off in time, but laziness always pays off now.

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
>it does bet the question of how he got a picture of a "3000+ at 2666mhz" at POST

very easily done, ever heard of DOS?

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

G

You truly believe this to be a super secret Intel killing prototype? One question if I may. Has AMD ever packaged a prototype chip or as we like to call it "engineering sample" on a packaging like that? Also where is the core id number, batch number and FAB numbers, aren't all "special" CPU’s marked that way? Also the whole, exact dimensions of TBird core kind of throws me off, by the way when did the palomino get rectangular I do remember the Comdex picture of the 0.13u palomino it was... kind of square. Also being the palomino in its current 0.18u form could never reach that speed air cooled or otherwise (well maybe liquid nitrogen).
Now I am not insulting you character here, but maybe you should just take another look, a good "LONG" look and come back to us on what you realize. Because that looks more fake than Dennis Rodman and Michael Jackson combined.

Back into the woodworks I go.

-Spuddy

:lol: Go Ahead Peel Me. I Dare Ya" :lol:
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Spuddy on 01/28/02 02:37 PM.</EM></FONT></P>