Question AMD 3000 Series

Zielstone

Honorable
Feb 10, 2015
I currently have a Ryzen 5 1500x with 8gbs of 3000 ddr4 and a crappy card. I have been thinking about upping my card and cpu, but with 300 series coming out soon would it be better to grab a ryzen 2600 or 2600x now or wait the price drops after new release. Or would one of the lower end 3000 series be better to wait for? I usually only play World of Warcraft on my pc.

InvalidError

Titan
My i5-3470 still plays WoW perfectly fine, you don't need to upgrade your CPU for that. If you are having trouble hitting 60+FPS on an R5-1500X, something must be wrong with your setup. Also, patch 8.2 in a month or two is supposed to update the engine to make more use of multi-threading which should help for performance.

Sounds like you mainly need to replace the 'crappy card', whatever that is.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
What is the "crappy card"?

What is your target frame rate and resolution?

What motherboard do you currently have?

The 2700X would be a significant upgrade from where you are, however I would think that if you have a "bad" GPU that upgrading that alone should do wonders for your user experience. Might consider purchasing that first along the lines of something really nice, even overkill. Something that would make good sense to keep on with a future upgrade and see where your desires are afterward.
IMO the 2xxx chips still have a bit of wiggle room downward on price, particularly after release and don't think we are going to see widespread availability of 3xxx at a decent price till Q4 or '20 Q1.

Zielstone

Honorable
Feb 10, 2015
My i5-3470 still plays WoW perfectly fine, you don't need to upgrade your CPU for that. If you are having trouble hitting 60+FPS on an R5-1500X, something must be wrong with your setup. Also, patch 8.2 in a month or two is supposed to update the engine to make more use of multi-threading which should help for performance.

Sounds like you mainly need to replace the 'crappy card', whatever that is.

I have a crappy gpu that I want to upgrade but can never decide to what.

Zielstone

Honorable
Feb 10, 2015
What is the "crappy card"?

What is your target frame rate and resolution?

What motherboard do you currently have?

The 2700X would be a significant upgrade from where you are, however I would think that if you have a "bad" GPU that upgrading that alone should do wonders for your user experience. Might consider purchasing that first along the lines of something really nice, even overkill. Something that would make good sense to keep on with a future upgrade and see where your desires are afterward.
IMO the 2xxx chips still have a bit of wiggle room downward on price, particularly after release and don't think we are going to see widespread availability of 3xxx at a decent price till Q4 or '20 Q1.

I'm using a 550 2 gb OC card, it needs to go but can never decide on what, have a Asrock 350 MB