AMD 390 & Gtx 1080 ti Issues

aaronrocket1

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gNsApCPs1VxVBes21sLNf78
Hi, before we start I just wanna say what I have done to try and fix this issue. I swapped out the PSU, changed back to my old perfectly working graphics card, reverted back to old AMD drivers, increased the time out time in regedit; Now for my issue.
I recently purchased a 1080 ti, 7700k, and a new 570x case to replace my existing 6600k and r9 390 working perfectly fine on my z170x ultra gaming motherboard. I swapped in the new 7700k and it works perfectly fine! Swapped in my new 1080 ti worked fine for a day, then the next day my continue refused to boot and just one long beeeeeeeeeeeep 5 times then reset. Then the computer refused to turn on all together, the LED on the front of the case would flash for a second and that's it. I removed both of the power cables and the computer booted just fine now the real issue is when I plugged in only one power cable to the gpu and the computer still booted until I plugged in the second BUT the gpu was putting off this horrible heat and smoke smell I panicked and touched the back of the gpu and burnt my hand pretty bad. Said OK and swapped back in my old r9 390 that I know works but now my old card driver's crash when ever I load up path of exile (only game I play).
I got the card to be able to play the game when I swapped it to the x8 PCIE but the FPS drops to 0 for a second and the gpu temp shoots upto 85 really fast.
Please shine me with some info on what's happening sorry for the grammar.

Solution
Sounds to me like you cooked your PSU and possibly that 1080ti as well.

I would start with a fresh PSU and see if your 390 is stable with it.