[SOLVED] AMD 3rd gen integrated graphics on asus mobo

juampidieguez123

Reputable
Aug 29, 2017
I'm going to build a pc to use Ryzen 5 3400g integrated graphics with a ASUS prime a320m-k. I noticed that in the mobo page, in the graphics section, they mention support for integrated graphics on 1st and 2nd gen of ryzen as seen here. Does this mean the iGPU won't work? Or this issue is resolved with a bios update (from retailer)?

Last edited:
Solution
yeah my bad about the k. I know that it is a supported processor with a bios update. But i am unsure if the integrated graphics work as seen in the image.
The motherboards BIOS version 4801 was released in May of 2019, so if you bought the motherboard recently it will likely have a newer BIOS update.

If you look at the bottom left corner of the Ryzen 5 3400G's retail box it is clearly labeled as a 2nd Gen Processor.

maxresdefault.jpg

juampidieguez123

Reputable
Aug 29, 2017
The ASUS Prime A320M-K support page show the Ryzen 5 3400G is supported but it needs at least BIOS version 4801 or newer to work.

Double-check the exact name of your motherboard. It should be ASUS Prime A320M-K, not h.
yeah my bad about the k. I know that it is a supported processor with a bios update. But i am unsure if the integrated graphics work as seen in the image.

The motherboards BIOS version 4801 was released in May of 2019, so if you bought the motherboard recently it will likely have a newer BIOS update.

If you look at the bottom left corner of the Ryzen 5 3400G's retail box it is clearly labeled as a 2nd Gen Processor.

maxresdefault.jpg

Solution

juampidieguez123

Reputable
Aug 29, 2017

maxresdefault.jpg
Alright I was kinda confused, thought it was a 3rd gen because of the 3 in 3400. I guess it's second gen due to zen 2, right?

Alright I was kinda confused, thought it was a 3rd gen because of the 3 in 3400. I guess it's second gen due to zen 2, right?
It's the difference between the Ryzen CPU's and the Zen micro-architecture they are based on that confuses people. Plus the odd naming convention of the APU's.

1st Gen Ryzen = Zen (14nm)
2nd Gen Ryzen = Zen+ (12nm)
3rd Gen Ryzen = Zen 2 (7nm)

TRENDING THREADS