[SOLVED] Amd 3rd gen, motherboard and ram problems...

Aug 4, 2019
Good day all!
I've been meaning to buy a new PC! Since my last one broke down.
Specs:
Amd R5 3600
Asus Gtx 1660 XS oc
Corsair vengance LPX 3200mhz 2x8gb
Gigabyte b450m aorus M

I'm having trouble since the specified speed (3200mhz) is listed with (oc) and I have no idea what that means? I would greatly appreciate it if you guys had any feedback on this...
I would just like everything to work out of the box, f40 bios will be installed dont worry about third gen ryzen compatibility!
Thanks in advance!

Solution
Good day all!
Specs:
Amd R5 3600
Asus Gtx 1660 XS oc
Gigabyte b450m aorus M

I'm having trouble since the specified speed (3200mhz) is listed with (oc) and I have no idea what that means? I would greatly appreciate it if you guys had any feedback on this...
I would just like everything to work out of the box, f40 bios will be installed dont worry about third gen ryzen compatibility!
Thanks in advance!
Modern RAM has XMP function that is actually and instruction to BIOS how to set it up for best performance. That has to be set in the BIOS. As is is an Intel invention on AMD platform is usually called differently, like DOCP, A-XMP...
Good day all!
Specs:
Amd R5 3600
Asus Gtx 1660 XS oc
Gigabyte b450m aorus M

Thanks in advance!
Modern RAM has XMP function that is actually and instruction to BIOS how to set it up for best performance. That has to be set in the BIOS. As is is an Intel invention on AMD platform is usually called differently, like DOCP, A-XMP etc.
In this case just find "Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.)" function in BIOS and set it to highest profile.

Reactions: Broken-hardware
Solution
Aug 2, 2019
the confusion is most mobo have a range of exceptable ram speeds. some will run it at the lowest speed and you have to select xmp to get it to your rams speed. there are some mobo that do it automatically, but its not a big deal to go in and change it. xmp just changes memory profile to run at its full speed.