Question AMD 5800x3D 100% Usage in Task Manager but AMD Software says otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zooma_

Commendable
Nov 5, 2020
I recently upgraded to the 5800x3D about 2 weeks ago and I just noticed that in task manager it shows my CPU usage at 100% but when I open the AMD software that shows my usage nowhere near 100%. There doesn't seem to be a performance impact by this but am curious as to why task manager thinks my CPU is at 100% usage and if there is a way to fix that.
MrX3QLL.jpg
seHntFc.jpg

PC Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D
GPU: Sapphire Pulse 5700xt
Motherboard: MSI B550 Gaming Edge Wifi
Ram: Corsair Vengence RGB 4000mhz
PSU: Super Flower Leadex VI Platinum PRO 1000W

kanewolf

Titan
I recently upgraded to the 5800x3D about 2 weeks ago and I just noticed that in task manager it shows my CPU usage at 100% but when I open the AMD software that shows my usage nowhere near 100%. There doesn't seem to be a performance impact by this but am curious as to why task manager thinks my CPU is at 100% usage and if there is a way to fix that.
MrX3QLL.jpg
seHntFc.jpg

PC Specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D
GPU: Sapphire Pulse 5700xt
Motherboard: MSI B550 Gaming Edge Wifi
Ram: Corsair Vengence RGB 4000mhz
PSU: Super Flower Leadex VI Platinum PRO 1000W
Does Windows show the correct number of cores and threads?

Zooma_

Commendable
Nov 5, 2020
So I think I fixed the issue just posting a follow-up to close this out. What I found was in the windows event viewer I saw an error for "CC_Engine_x64" this is tied to the MSI Center application to update firmware and drivers. I swapped over from dragon center to this when I put in this new CPU. From there I uninstalled one of their feature sets called "Devices Speed Up". I restarted and now only have a couple of percent usage at idle.

Status
Not open for further replies.